washing new 5th wheel

Hello.. have been the proud owners of our new Bighorn for just over 3 weeks..it is the first 5th wheel we have owned with a gel coat..of course, my husband wants to wash it:D! the owners manual says use nothing with wax in it...seems that is all there is when we looked for RV wash..suggestions for what works for you would be very much appreciated. Bill & Bonnie

jimtoo

Hi Bill and Bonnie,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family... we have a great bunch of people here with lots of information....

Jim M

PUG

Pug
I have a 3950 with the gelcoat and use a washing/wax concentrate from camping world to wash it and it does fine. If you talk to Maguires they will tell you to use their gel coat formula that is also used on gel coat boats. I have a sailboat that I have had for 18 years and have only used car wax on it on it's gelcoat surface and it still looks fine. I use this RV wash/wax now to wash and the Maguires gel coat formula now (new product) to do the outside. If you look at some of the boat supply companies they also have a gelcoat formula to "wax" it.

navyAZ1

I use "Dry Wash" it is really great for fulltimers since campgrounds won't usually let you wash your rig at your site. I can clean a small amount of the coach or do it all at once, just spray it on rub it with a terrycloth rag then buff with a microfiber cloth. It's really "easy-on & easy-off". There are many distributors around the country or you can do a search on google for "Dry Wash" and you'll find it.

hello..thank you for your answer to my question..now I have another and I picked you because I see that that you have been member for "a while"! Can you please explain to me how to get a picture and infomation when I post a question or a reply? thank you so much for helping me. Bonnie

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
hello..thank you for your answer to my question..now I have another and I picked you because I see that that you have been member for "a while"! Can you please explain to me how to get a picture and infomation when I post a question or a reply? thank you so much for helping me. Bonnie

Click 'reply' then 'Go Advance' then 'Manage attachments'

Northern Virginia
Or when you hit the Reply to Thread button, you can click this icon insertimage..png which opens the add an image window.

John