We just ordered our 21FBS...

chrispitude

Well, it looks like we're now members of the Heartland family! My wife and I placed our order for a 21FBS today. The only factory options we got are the aluminum wheels and the pillow top mattress (I think we can get that in the 21FBS - guess we'll find out on Monday). We also got a slide-out topper, a Fantastic Fan and cover, plain vent cover, and electric jack.

Do these units come with microwaves? We didn't see one in the brochure when we looked it over on the way home.

We placed our order from our local dealer, who came within $1000 of the RV Wholesalers price. An email from RVW mentioned that a TV no longer comes with the 21FBS. The local dealer says it's still standard. Anyone know what's up with this?

- Chris

Ride1st

Congrats on the 21fbs. We are very close to ordering one with the same options you mentioned. Could you tell me who your local dealer is? We are from York, Pa. and were looking at RV Wholesalers but would prefer to stay in state if possible.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
The 2011 comes with 19' lcd flat screen (Jenson) t.v.
Gas oven with 3 burner stove top and micro wave oven.

Find a 2011 brochure and it shows what is standard and what are options.

We got ours last month and love it... Good luck!

chrispitude

Congrats on the 21fbs. We are very close to ordering one with the same options you mentioned. Could you tell me who your local dealer is? We are from York, Pa. and were looking at RV Wholesalers but would prefer to stay in state if possible.

Hi Ride1st,

We dealt with Harold's RV in Bath PA, which is right off Route 22 in Allentown/Bethlehem. If you're in York, you're not far from Harold's at all. I strongly suggest getting in touch with our salesperson, Dave. My wife and I have been in a number of RV dealerships and we've always gotten the creepy high-pressure "how much can I squeeze out of you?" vibe from RV salescritters in the past. Not so with Dave. Despite the fact that we walked in with an RVW quote, he was nothing but absolutely great with us, and was very up front with us on his costs on various items and where he was able to cut his profits and such. He even mentioned one of his recent customers had walked in with an RVW quote printout as well.

In the end, we ended up not too far from the RVW quote. Yes we paid a bit more than wholesale, but it was still less than I was expecting from a "local" guy. It also saves us a trip to Ohio, and we now have friendly contacts at a local dealer. Having dealt with the folks at Harold's, it was definitely worth the small premium over the wholesale figure. Harold's RV is owned by Harold and his wife, and they were really nice folks. If their service folks are anything like the owners or salespeople, we are in very good hands indeed. Our previous Rockwood was bought from a wholesaler (RV Direct) where we had to devote a weekend to picking the unit up, and I found myself with some buyer's remorse about getting service as I made the long drive home. This time around, I think we will enjoy the ownership experience much more with a local dealership backing us fully.

- Chris

Ride1st

Hi Ride1st,

We dealt with Harold's RV in Bath PA, ... In the end, we ended up not too far from the RVW quote...

- Chris
Thank you, that is exactly the info we are looking for. I would much rather drive 2 hours and pay a small premium to support a good dealer as opposed to driving to Ohio. Make sure you post and let us know when you get your trailer.

scormier

Congrats on your purchase Chrispitude, we've also taken the plunge and purchased a 31QBS, to be delivered early May. From all my research I was convinced that the North Trail was the brand that I wanted, the problem I had was I didn't have any dealers that sell the brand up here in Western Newfoundland...I to was dealing with RVWholesalers, however found that dealing with Lakeshore RV out of MI, Jim Logan salesman was great, he didn't try to push anything onto us and infact indicated that some items that may have beed recommended by RVW Salesman was really not necessary. Oh and I forgot, he blew RVWholesalers price out of the water...Thanks Jim:D

DJC523

What have you with the 21FBS and 31QBS on order heard about delivery? I also have a 31QBS on order since 3/26 and am wondering what to expect. I've heard they can sit outside the factory sometimes because their aren't enough transporters to keep up at the moment.
Doug.
edited to add - we're in western PA.

chrispitude

Congrats on your purchase Chrispitude, we've also taken the plunge and purchased a 31QBS, to be delivered early May. From all my research I was convinced that the North Trail was the brand that I wanted, the problem I had was I didn't have any dealers that sell the brand up here in Western Newfoundland...I to was dealing with RVWholesalers, however found that dealing with Lakeshore RV out of MI, Jim Logan salesman was great, he didn't try to push anything onto us and infact indicated that some items that may have beed recommended by RVW Salesman was really not necessary. Oh and I forgot, he blew RVWholesalers price out of the water...Thanks Jim:D

Interesting! I wonder if I didn't haggle as well as I thought with my local dealer? They came in at about $1500 over the RVW quote (but I can dismiss some of that for not having to travel to Ohio). I'm almost afraid to ask what you got yours for - it might just make me sad. :(

What have you with the 21FBS and 31QBS on order heard about delivery? I also have a 31QBS on order since 3/26 and am wondering what to expect. I've heard they can sit outside the factory sometimes because their aren't enough transporters to keep up at the moment.
Doug.
edited to add - we're in western PA.

Doug, we ordered a 21FBS in a color that was not quite ready for production yet (Camel). As a result, we were told that our production would be delayed a bit and we were looking at end of May or so.

- Chris

Ride1st

Chris / Doug
My wife and I have joined both of you in a wait for a North Trail. We put a deposit on a 21FBS on order through RVWholesalers. We hope to have delivery by Memorial day. They were able to make some option changes to an incoming unit in the coffee interior that we prefer. The salesman told me the unit was originally ordered 2 weeks ago and is scheduled to come off the assembly line on 5/10 or 5/17. We live in York, Pa.
Dan

chrispitude

Hi Dan,

That's great news! I think you'll beat us by a bit - we're still on for the end of May, beginning of June. I'm sure it will be worth the wait though!

- Chris

bozo

Invizatu, We placed our order on 4/9/2010 we are going to get our 21 FBS around 5/13 they say. Can't wait maybe we will see you on the road. Had a question about the TV in the trailer you said the 21 FBS comes with a 19". Is this true with all 2011 models. They told me that ours did not come with a TV. Can anyone help ? Oh and I love Miss Saras glasses !

Brian & Sheila
2004 GMC (Georgia Mountian Climber) 4x4 Z71
2011 21 FBS

Ride1st

Invizatu, Had a question about the TV in the trailer you said the 21 FBS comes with a 19". Is this true with all 2011 models. They told me that ours did not come with a TV. Can anyone help ? Oh and I love Miss Saras glasses !

Brian & Sheila
2004 GMC (Georgia Mountian Climber) 4x4 Z71
2011 21 FBS
A TV is listed in the 2011 brochure as stock equipment so they all should have one.

chrispitude

In our RVW quote, it was stated that the TV was no longer included. According to our local salesman who we purchased from, it was included. I guess I will find out when I take delivery!

Re: Sleeping in a 21FBS...

Former NT owner, current Elk Ridge owner...

I can't say 100% since they changed the cushion arrangement from when we had our 2008, but I discovered that standard twin sheets were too short for the dinette area.

For another great forum, visit www.NorthTrailTalk.com

TT

irasmith, It would be lengthwise for sure. We just got our 2011 21 FBS and you sould be able to fit. They have made it a little longer than it was in the older models. So we were told. The problem you will have is trying to figure out how to make the cushions all fit together. I know this sounds crazy but I have read on this forum that people can't find away to put them together so there is no gap. I have not had a need to try this for myself but they have to go together somehow????

bozo

We are still waiting for our 21FBS. The delay is no surprise, as we ordered an interior color that is new to the 2011 models (camel) and we were told that we probably wouldn't take delivery until some time in June. However, we did swing by the dealer lot to see another 2011 21FBS they got in for stock. The new changes for 2011 are very nice! The solid surface countertops really add an upscale feel to the interior, and there are now very nice locking grab-handles on the front external cargo doors. Heartland did a great job with the few well-chosen tweaks they made on the 2011 units.

Also, the 2011 21FBS still comes with a TV. :)

- Chris

bozo

I know you can't wait. But it will be worth it. We have had our 21 FBS we got the wine an had to wait almost 6 weeks. We took it out for the first trip last weekend everything worked great. Take all the time you need at your walk thru. And you are right a TV is included. We got 21 channels camping with only the antenna no cable. Happy Camping!!! and let us know when you get it.

bozo