shower problems

Spending the first night in our Landmark Grand Canyon tonight . The problem we are having is when the water in the shower is on the water barely trickles out . Has anyone ever encountered this problem before ? First time in a trailer , everything is pretty much common sense but I'm stumped on the shower problem . any suggestions are greatly appreciated .

tmcran

Did you remove the shower head to see if there is an obstruction? Mine had a washer that was in wrong and restricted flow.

jbeletti

Tommy_Beth,

I agree with tmcran. If this is the only place with poor flow, it's likely debris in the head. In fact, when you take the head off the end of the hose, you will find 3 tiny holes at the threads end of the head for water to enter the head from the hose. So - easy for some tiny debris to block it/them.

Jim

Flow restrictor at base of shower head
shower_head..jpg

Flow restrictor at output of shower faucet
shower_faucet..jpg

Thanks guys , so much for the common sense I was talking about . I'll try that this friday when we get back to the trailer . I will let ya"ll know .
Thanks ,
Tommy

TXBobcat

Fulltime
You didn't say if your running shore water or using the water pump for water from your fresh water tank.

Do you know what the water pressure is if your on the Shore water. Do you have a water regulator. If so is it one that is an in line one that is a bit bigger than your thumb? If it is one from walmart it has a very low through put. Check the water pressure at the faucet. If it is over 60 PSI be sure you have a regulator in line but get a good one. Try the RV Water Filter Store on the internet and I suggest the Watts Brass Model N55BG Adjustable Regulator, 1.5" dia-meter 0-160 gauge, 6-9 gpm at this location. http://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/PressureRegulators.htm

BC

ChopperBill

Did you turn the shower head on. Twist the head. When off the trickle when on it flows. I had had guests in ours that didn't know that. Just saying because you said it was a new trailer to you.

I heard about someone that had exactly the same issue in their Bighorn, well the husband did anyway. Turns out the wife always pressed the water saver switch on the shower head and the husband didnt even know it had one. Not saying that is what your problem is but sometimes it the simple things we miss.

Well we just returned from our first long weekend in the trailer and we had a blast ! The shower head was clogged with debris from when the waterlines were cut to size for fittings and what not at the factory , easy fix . There are a few small problems that need to be addressed when we leave the campground in two weeks . We'll take her back to the dealer and see if the service is as good as the sales experience was . Thanks again for the help and education the past few months .
Tommy