Scare lights

morganm12

George
I have an 05 Grand Canyon and one of my scare lights burned out. Has anyone replaced the bulb in one of these. My question is, does the lens pop out. I have attempted to pop it out with great care but stopped for fear of breaking the lens. I am considering replacing burned out light assembly with one of the two from the rear sides.

jbeletti

Removed the fixture from the wall completely - as I recall. Pull the wiring out of the wall and if needed, snip it, leaving several inches of wiring outside of the wall. Take the bulb and socket apart from the light housing and go to an auto parts store. Some have told me that is where they have gotten their replacement bulbs for the oval style lights for the classic Landmarks.

Jim

morganm12

George
Thanks for the response Jim. I will pull the light out again and look but my recollection is that this light is sealed at the back and the only way to get to the bulb is by removing the lens or replacing the whole assembly. One of these lights burned out when I first bought this trailer in 06 and Heartland sent the whole assembly to my dealer for the fix. In fact while attempting to replace the bulb initially the tech, somehow, broke the lens.

Retyred

George:
I have an 06 Grand Canyon, I am sure that I replaced the bulb or at least had it apart. The bulb number is H3-14V-35 watt, this is the same bulb for the security lights.
I am sure that you can find the bulb on ebay.

Martin

Tom of Ypsi

We had a light go out on our Mt Rushmore and HL replaced the whole assembly. If I remember correctly the wires from the bulb are soldered into the light assembly.