Need Measurements

Wharton

We are ordering a BH 3670 and plan to put in our own recliners. If someone has the time can you measure the rear spot where the recliners go. I just need the width and depth. We would like to go look at recliners this coming week but need the measurements first.

Thanks a lot................

Rickhansen

Wharton,
Just checked this for you - inside width is 93". The more difficult dimension to maintain is from the inside of the back wall to the rear edge of of the slide-out fascia. This dimension is 33". Obviously, if you intend to stow your recliners like the Flair (OEM) furniture, your recliners can be no more than 33" wide.

We had looked at the La-Z-Boy Recline-Away series and found several that would work within the limited space. We haven't replaced ours yet though.

Good luck.

Wharton

Thank you so much. We declined the recliner option so we need to go look. We are going to visit Lazy-Boy, the Dump(never know what you might find there). I'll post back once we decide on the recliner. We both are tall so the recliners in the rigs never have high enough backs for us.

Also, I see you don't have a tow vehicle. FYI-We use an International 4700 MDT. Switched 10 years ago from a Dodge Ram 3500(never knew if we were going to stop) to the MDT. Have never felt so safe. We went through WV without trailer brakes and never knew it................that says something. We belong to a MDT group that is part of Escapees(I think 600 strong). When we first bought the MDT we rarely saw one on the road, now they are fairly common. Best tow vehicle we ever bought.....................

Two Hands

When we bought our 2007 Big Horn 3055RL we also disliked the recliners because their backs were not high enough. One of them quit working properly so we were happily forced to replace them. I think we had the same 33" limitation. The Lazy Boy web site listed five that met our specifications and a store in a nearby city had all five so we were able to test sit/recline all five. The CEO/Navigator chose the color and fabric to match the decor in our Big Horn and we placed to order. We have been very pleased with our choice.

boatdoc

We wound up with two of the Lazy Boy Model #10-512 Chaise Reclina-Rockers. We feel they are far more comfy than the OEM recliners and work so much easier. On top of that only one of us can move them instead of hiring a weightlifter to move them about.

Rickhansen

Wharton,
Thanks for the TV advice. We are full-time, but bound to my work location. I manage large projects, so the life cycle is pretty long, and therefor don't move around too often. We've been in Florida for a little over two years. At that rate, it probably makes more economic sense to hire the rig/driver than it does to own my own. My truck is paid for, so it's a big bullet to bite to upgrade. I'd certainly like the flexibility and peace of mind of that, but cringe at the thought of making payments again.

If I could find the right deal on an MDT, I'd be interested. The problem with that would be the impracticality of using it as a daily driver. Then, a move would take us two or three trips to execute.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Wharton, Pat and I found these recliners at Penny's made by Lane. They are a high back/wingback chair and a 2 position recliner without handles to break off. They are very light and move easy. They also come in different colors. Just a thought. Bob

Attachments

• chairs 037 (Large).jpg
    chairs 037 (Large).jpg
    119 KB · Views: 18
  • chairs 036 (Large) (2).jpg
    chairs 036 (Large) (2).jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 15
  • chairs 035 (Large).jpg
    chairs 035 (Large).jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 14
  • chairs 041 (Large).jpg
    chairs 041 (Large).jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Wharton

Thanks, when we go looking this week we will stop at Penney's. I'm not sure our Penney's carries furniture, I remember stopping there years ago and they had stopped but it is worth a stop. I like Lane Furniture(from a long time ago) but didn't think they were in business any longer. Interesting, maybe they revitalized.................

Thanks