Patience running thin, am I alone on this one?

Elevatorman

I decided to place this outside of "brand specific" to see if others have had this problem.
My PDI, (Sept. 2009), showed a defective microwave oven, which the dealer removed for replacement. Determined D.O.A. non-repairable. A new one was ordered. I did recieve the replacement last month from the dealer, a High Pointe, which is what I understand is what Heartland is using now. The original Sylvania unit is no longer available. Problem is that Heartland cannot come up with a new trim grill surround that will fit both the micro and the cabinet opening. Am I the only owner of a Big Country, that has had microwave problems? I don't think so, and I'm just not ready to settle for a sub-standard fit yet! If others have had this problem I'd like to know what Heartland's solution was for you. Thanks

ps: The dealer is trying, they just replaced my whole front wall due to leaks, and was able to have Heartland make a new replacement wall in two months. So I don't think communication is a problem at all. I believe this may be all Heartland, and as small as it may seem it's been a thorn in my side since!

wdk450

Elevatorman:
I hope you will excuse my reply as I do not have your brand.
Have YOU talked to a Heartland Service advisor directly about this problem? Here is their phone numbers: 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030.
It would seem to me that if Heartland is currently building Big Country trailers, they have a microwave/bezel combination on their production line that works.

Good luck!!!

Elevatorman

Elevatorman:
I hope you will excuse my reply as I do not have your brand.
Have YOU talked to a Heartland Service advisor directly about this problem? Here is their phone numbers: 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030.
It would seem to me that if Heartland is currently building Big Country trailers, they have a microwave/bezel combination on their production line that works.

Good luck!!!

Thanks for the numbers wdk450, I'm bout ready to get involved in this myself. This is such a stupid thing to be happening, but I think 7 mos. is long enough. My local dealer is a good one, and has taken care of any issues without question, I don't want to step on any toes. if you know what I mean. I think the Big Country line interiors have changed quite a bit this year, but I find it hard to believe I am the only one to have this problem. Heartland should, you would think, have delt with this at least once! This would effect anyone that has, or had the Sylvania mdl #SR-11092 (B/SR) or (BNG). Anyway, I'll give them the week then on the phone I go! Thanks again. J.

wdk450

Elevatorman:
Heartland and (hopefully) your dealer should have one goal in mind in this situation - Your satisfaction with warranty service to your product. Nobody should be sensitive about "stepped on toes"- just getting the problem resolved. Call Heartland service soon.

BTW, all of the Heartland and major vendor contact numbers are on the left hand side of the "Portal" page on this website.

chrizg

My org micro was replaced due to the fogging up issues, and the replacement died after the first use, which was about 15 days after the 1 year warranty. I searched high and low and found a magic chef at home depot that was the same w x h, but I had to modify the trim for it to work.

lbhayden

My org micro was replaced due to the fogging up issues, and the replacement died after the first use, which was about 15 days after the 1 year warranty. I searched high and low and found a magic chef at home depot that was the same w x h, but I had to modify the trim for it to work.
You are not alone. Sylvania replaced my microwave because of door steaming. Replacement steamed also. Our dealer contacted them and received reply that it is not an issue and won't be replaced.

I am a little concerned about safety.

Elevatorman

It seems that the Sylvania units had problems. That's why others are being used. Also the factory told us that the mfg.is out of business. I believe it would be the mfg. of the grill. Never the less I have taken measurements and pictures for the factory guys and they are working on a replacement grill for this microwave. Bottom line is the opening in the cabinet is too large for the grill sent with the micro. lbhayden-small microwaves like these are cheap, the problem is finding one you can trim out to look good AND still have the proper exhaust duct to the front as designed. I uploaded two pics, one is the space they are trying to fill, and other is what I was sent. effie camera 055..jpgeffie camera 046..jpg

At least I know Heartland is working on it, just as they always have. Besides, it's time to get it out, clean it up and GO!!

I have the High Pointe in my 2009 BC 3490 RB, and without seeing your situation, it looks to me like you are going to have to replace the cabinet front of that cabinet with one that has a higher bottom rail so the trip pieces will close the hole. I'm not sure if your dealer can make you a new cabinet front but the materials are readily available from Heartland and not hard to build the front. I am currently building a cabinet for my aft bedroom and I purchased all of the materials from Heartland and it looks great.

I wish you luck with your issue and hope it get's solved soon.