A/C air flow in newer units?

ChopperBill

How is the air flow in the newer units with the Styrofoam block ceiling? Do they still need the Timk "tent in the vent" mod to direct the air. Just getting all my ducks in a row for my fine tuning. ;)

jddugan

The answer is YES. I modified my 2010 right away after checking out the airflow situation. The tent in the vent increased noticable flow by 50%. Blew out styrofoam beads all over the camper.

aclwbaker

Tent in the vent??? What is that and how do you do it? We are on first outing in new Eagle Ridge. Had to connect duct work to get heat to bedroom. Its hard to test AC when high temps are in the 40's. Thanks in advance for your help.

Just another lost newbie

Northern Virginia
From one Newbie to another:)

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/1069-AC-air-flow-problem-SOLVED?highlight=tent+in+a+vent

jpajax

Put my hand on back edge of foam and it had sticky tape around edges like it was supposed to be stuck some where but where. Was to dense to be filter it more like a gasket.

ChopperBill

Well it finally got warm enough that I could check out ac and I too have been hit with poor air flow. First I have a 3410 BH with a Carrier ac. Took off the control panel and the first thing I seen was a peace of black foam that seams to out of place will post photos. Would like to take care of this with out involving dealer. View attachment 7440 View attachment 7441 View attachment 7442View attachment 7443v

Cold air is suppose to come out of that!? I doubt that would keep you cool at the North Pole! I think its a ploy for the A/C pepole to sell the second air conditioner!