Low level drains

My 2011 Big Country 3250 manual and the info sticker on the door of the hook up area indicates that there is a low level drain on my camper. Where is it at?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you have them, they should be underneath the rig, behind the spot where the sticker is. I seem to recall discussion about HL discontinuing installing them with 2010 models, but I may be mistaken. If there is only a single tube with a petcock valve on it, sticking out of the underbelly, that's the fresh water tank drain, not a low point drain. Low point drains (two of them) were installed to be able the drain the hot and cold water lines in the rig when winterizing.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
If you have low point drains , they are generally located underneath the area by your entry door steps. There should be two of them together with plugs in them , at least mine does. the fresh water drain should be on the off door side , with a petcock......Kenny

B

bwwalczak

Heartland eliminated the low point drains on Bighorn, Big Country product just over 1 year ago. The low point drains were causing freezing in extreme climates.

DanDargay

DanDargay
I too have a 2011 3250TS and am disappointed that there no low point drains for the hot and cold water lines. They are a nice feature and would be a greater value to the majority of campers instead of the standard washer/dryer hookups. Their are valves out there that can be located inside the basement area and not exposed to extreme cold. How many folks camp in extreme cold ????

noobee

Heartland eliminated the low point drains on Bighorn, Big Country product just over 1 year ago. The low point drains were causing freezing in extreme climates.

IMHO: that was a poor decision. I live in a cold winter area & I wrapped pipe insulation on the exposed lines. Also, I do the 'pink' thing just before the cold sets in. Never had a freeze/thaw problem with these lines.

CS