TV mount

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
My daughter and her DH just bought a Trail Runner. Wanted to know if there is a brace of some sort behind the wall where you would mount the TV? BTW it is a 2011 30FQBS model. Also how much weight can the wall support.

bump - anyone? I have a new 2011 27FQBS and am wondering the same thing. I can knock against the back of the Entertainment Center and tell that there is a solid peice of wood behind the facade but I'd like to know how thick it is and what other people have used for TV mounts here.

Thanks,

Dan

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I found out there is a backer in the wall and will support a 19inch TV. My son-in-law and I were thinking of making a wooden plate to go on each side of the wall and then we could mount a TV on each side. One for the LR and one for the bedroom. Haven't done it yet but in the near future. We think we can put a couple of bolts through and then two TV mounts.

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking of a 26" TV so I'd probably have to but bolts all the way through and then figure a way to cover them up on the bedroom side. Maybe I should follow your lead and put a TV on both sides so I wouldn't have that problem. I'm not sure the wife would go for that.

I heard back from the factory. This is what they said -

[FONT=&quot]The TV opening has a ½” OSB BKR (size 26 ½” x 23).[/FONT]

I bought and mounted a 26" tv using a cheetah mount I bought on amazon. The mount has 16 spaces to mount with and I used very big washers (I believe the were 1/4x1 size washers) and 3/4 inch wood screws from the hardware store. I made sure as I screwed in it did not penetrate the back as I got closer. The mount really attached very tightly to the wall. Also, on the mount there were big holes on the left and right hand sides of the mount. I then attached wood pieces, 1/2 inch high by 4' wide and cut to fit in length wise so that the wood fit over the middle part of the mount. I then screwed those in where the big holes were with 1 1/2 inch screws. The mount is very sturdy and I leave tv up when I drive. Nice thing about the cheetah is it has screws at the bottom behind tv that tighten to hold the tv down tight to the mount so it cannot bounce off the mount. I use a phillips head to tighten. A little hard to get at but am able to get very tight. I check everytime I plan to move to ensure still tight. One problem experienced with the 1 1/2 inch boards i put in, I almost couldn't get tv on as it interefered with the brackets on back of tv. I had to get the tv on the top of the mount and push bottom of tv down to get it straight. it actually has a slight tilt downward. I am very happy with how it turned out. I was a little scared with it being so thin only about 3/4 inch to hold mount but it really dug in when I started screwing in and was really tight. I also turn the tv facing the bedroom with the doors closed over the entertainment center when I drive just in case the mount comes off, it makes as little damage as possible to the entertainment center and the tv. When I get rv back at end of April I will add a picture.