Holding Tank Location

DXprowler

I'm wondering about the location of the holding tanks on my BH 3410. I put this question out on the Ask the Factory Bighorn section but no response so thought I'd try here! I would imagine they are generic to most Heartland products and I do know that the fresh water tank is over the axles. Just curious about how the grey and black are arranged at the front of the trailer. Are they below the vapor barrier, and/or are two stacked or what order are they positioned (grey, black, galley)?

wdk450

Bill:
I saw your post before, and since I don't have a 3610, didn't volunteer a reply. I suggest for the best answer, you get on the phone and call Heartland service (877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030 ). I believe the vent pipes on the roof go directly up from the tanks. As to the black tank, there have been many postings about preventing a "mountain" of solid waste in the tank under the toilet that would lead one to believe that the toilet sits directly over the black tank.

DXprowler

Tnx for the reply Bill! Yes I could phone Heartland and have in the past but didn't want to bug them as I'm sure they have larger issues than this. The vent pipes are for the drains so the fluids will flow to the holding tanks without bubbling and gurgling in the S traps, so to speak. I would imagine the grey tanks are in front of the black tank and I did see somewhere that the grey tanks were stacked. Maybe that's so? I am planning on opening up the bottom cover and having a look but just waiting for time and warmer weather. Thought I'd get a jump on it with a question here on the forum as I might install the SeeLevel gauges.

wdk450

Bill:
I am getting ready to do about the same thing. I bought some of the "Horst Miracle Probes" for my black tank only, and need to crawl into the access space (I think) to remove the old probes and install the new. I hope to get started on this tomorrow, if I can get my storage place to dump the tank. I'll let the entire group know how they work, but it may have to wait until we go out on another trip, which may not be for quite a while, due to my wife's upcoming surgery.

caissiel

I had to reinforce the front gray tank suppoorts this fall. The Black water tank is attacked on top of the bathroom gray tank. They are situated behind the storage compartment.
The other gray tank is between the fresh water tank and the bath gray tank behind the stepdown frame. All are accesible by removing the undersheeting.
Use a drill with 3/8" socket bit and in 10 min you will have it down. My problem was that the front gray tank was hanging to low to be able to install the cover properly.

DXprowler

I had a look under the stepdown frame area and found what I would guess is the bathroom grey tank. Behind the drop down frame would be the black and galley then the fresh water tank over the axles. The drain for the fresh water is there but will be very awkward getting at because it's about 3' from the side of the trailer and between the axles! Laurent.... are you saying that the galley and the black tank are stacked? I did find out that the Garnet SeeLevel gauges will not work on these tanks assuming they are the same as the one I found. The sensor needs a flat side on the tank from top to bottom but these are shaped with a lip for the angle iron supports all the way around. Bill.... you will have better luck with the Horst Miracle Probes! And wishing your wife all the success with her upcoming surgery!

DXprowler

Just a follow up in case anyone else is interested... I had the basement walls off today as I was adding the diplexers for the second Sat cable run to the entrainment center. Clearly visible just behind the drop frame are the black tank and below it is the galley grey tank. If anyone is considering the Garnet SeeLevel gauges they will NOT work with these tanks.

wdk450

DXProwler:
Do you think that I can crawl in the access space and be able to change out the black tank sensors without removing the bottom sheeting??

DXprowler

Mr Knight.... It would be tough but it may be the only way to get to it! The tanks are not directly on top of each other, the blk is towards the street side and the grey to the curb so it may be impossible to even get to it from the bottom! The blk is a different shape than the grey as well. You would think they are the same shape but they're not. I'm not a 100% sure I saw the sensors but if I get a chance I'll take some pics tomorrow. I know I'm not much help but you should have a look for yourself and see. Your trailer is a bit longer so there might be more room. I did try to get to the converter and it's going to be a real bear to install the surge protector! It's tight!!

herefishy

I tried to change out the sensors for the Miracle probes, and wasn't able to pull the old ones out. Maybe yours are different, but you better plan on drilling new holes for the Miracles.