Landing gear

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
I got home yesterday from a weekend of camping and after getting the landing gear down and the truck put up I went to lower the gear a little to level the RV out front to back. There was no power at all. I have a 2008 3200ES Sundance. I have looked for a fuse and have not found one yet. Does anyone know where it might live? The connections to the battery are tight and the battery has a full load. The switch was sticking a little but I figured it was from non use over the winter.

mntnman

Past Chapter Leader, SC and KY
Follow the wires in the fwd compartment from the motor you should find an in line fuse.

Dave012

There's another thread on this started about 3 weeks ago entitled Landing Gear which addresses some of this and you can get more information on.

I also have a Sundance and my fuse is located in the front compartment on the right side. It is just behind the battery, and is mounted directly to one of the wires. Its probably no more than a couple of inches from the floor of the compartment in a little black container. It has a 30 amp mini fuse in it.

Hope that helps.

lmcclure

Moved the battery and there the little bugger was. Had to go get some fuses since they are smaller than the regular Auto ones. replaced it and moved the fuse holder up higher so that next time I don't have to move the battery. Also had to replace screw on the arm that goes from one gear to the next. Works great now. Leaving in the morning for another camp-out. Supposed to be 70 and sun here this weekend. Been so long that I have seen sun I will probably do a dance. Thanks to all of you for your guidance.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Moved the battery and there the little bugger was. Had to go get some fuses since they are smaller than the regular Auto ones. replaced it and moved the fuse holder up higher so that next time I don't have to move the battery. Also had to replace screw on the arm that goes from one gear to the next. Works great now. Leaving in the morning for another camp-out. Supposed to be 70 and sun here this weekend. Been so long that I have seen sun I will probably do a dance. Thanks to all of you for your guidance.
I bet if you paint a limit stripe on the landing gear leg you won't have another problem with it.....worked for us. (still have 6 30A fuses ready to go)

lmcclure

That wasn't the problem, as I have a stripe on it already. DW was hitting the button on and off on and off. You are not supposed to do that. She knew better just was excited to finally get to go camping. Worked grea this weekend. Going again next weekend.