Add shade to back window.

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
;)Hey All! We have the 3055 and would like to leave the day/night shades in place, and add a pull-down vinyl shade (room darkening) in front of them. Has anyone done this successfully? I took all of the measurements, and I think it will work, just barely. The depth from the day/night curtain to the back of the valance is 2.25 inches. That should accomodate a vinyl shade roller. That is my concern. Any input would be helpful. We want to keep the day/night shades in place - don't want to take them out.
Thanks in advance.

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Any input on this question before i make a decision on what to buy?

;)hey all! We have the 3055 and would like to leave the day/night shades in place, and add a pull-down vinyl shade (room darkening) in front of them. Has anyone done this successfully? I took all of the measurements, and i think it will work, just barely. The depth from the day/night curtain to the back of the valance is 2.25 inches. That should accomodate a vinyl shade roller. That is my concern. Any input would be helpful. We want to keep the day/night shades in place - don't want to take them out.
Thanks in advance.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Goldenbetty, I suppose it can be done but you have to make sure there is room in the valance header for the mounting and operation of the roller for the shade. You may or may not have seen our post a while back. We replaced the day night shades with 1-3/8" wooden blinds from Home Depot. For us it was more private, and much easier operation and being able to have better control with light and heat.

Attachments

• Rear Window Blind.jpg
    Rear Window Blind.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 190

rjr6150

Goldenbetty
You might want to check out Carefree awnings. They have a shade that attaches on the outside much like the older style pull shades. Friends of our had one installed by Camping World last year and think its great.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
We looked into the draw down shade also but couldnt find anything that looked good.
I ended up applying a heavy 20% removable cling-on flim to the back window and the front side bedroom windows. This flim is easy to apply and looks good with no air bubbles if soapy water is used during the installation. (make a paper pattern of the window first). One box should do the rear window easily, 48" x 78" Half price at Walmart $9.99 so not much to loose.

Attachments

• PICT0007..JPG
    PICT0007..JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 82
  • PICT0010..JPG
    PICT0010..JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 80

ChopperBill

Goldenbetty, I suppose it can be done but you have to make sure there is room in the valance header for the mounting and operation of the roller for the shade. You may or may not have seen our post a while back. We replaced the day night shades with 1-3/8" wooden blinds from Home Depot. For us it was more private, and much easier operation and being able to have better control with light and heat.

If Renee sees this I am sending you the bill!!

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Ray, thanks for your input. I've decided on insulated draperies with a tension rod for now, with tiebacks when we don't need them. It is an inexpensive and quick fix for now. I'll take pictures and "try" to post them. We wanted to keep the day/night shades for the time-being, but I sure like what you did and will consider that in the future. We are leaving in a week, and this was the easy way out for now. Looks nice and seems very functional for now. Thanks again!

judysue

We have a 3385RL 2010 Big Horn, and we added a nice rod under the back cabinets, I bought black (insulated)out panels at WM and hung them with rings that clip on, I added a wand from a mini blind to assist in closing them. I shortened the panels and used them on the small slide windows and also made panels for other windows in LR and DR, and BR area. Used tension rods in other windows and used clip on rings on them also. They pull easily and the panels can be hidden by the cornice side pieces. It was great when we were in the Valley this winter. Didn't have to raise and lower shades. The darkened windows made it cooler in the summer when were camped in the sun at the music festivals.