Help me-grey vinyl siding and red or maroon standing seam metal roof

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Hello all,
Linda and I are in the process looking to replace our roof. Being in my mid forties I do not want to have to replace this roof ever again so we have made the decision to go with a standing seam metal roof. We currently have grey siding with a country blue accents so my first thought would be to go with a deep red or maroon roof. Our current asphalt shingle roof is black. I have searched high and low all over the web to find pictures of just such a house but cannot. I am pleading, if anyone out there happens to know or see a grey sided house with any color standing seam metal roo I would love to see a picture or two of it.

Thank you for listening,
Mark

SmokeyBare

Mark,

Can you take a photo of the house, load it on the computer, then use "Paint" program to change the color of the the Roof to what is close to what your trying to decide on?

I know it's not exactly a standing seam roof look... but it'll keep ya busy as your waiting for replies.

Marv

mrcomer

Thanks guys,

Marv,
I am going to try something similar. A local Bob Evans restraunt has the roof style and color so I am going to take a picture of it, crop the roof and lay it over a picture of our house. Do not know if I have all the right programs to do that but we'll see.

Jim,
Did you do that search in Google images? I just didn't even think about trying that for some reason. Thanks.

Tom of Ypsi

Mark,

Check out Ondura.com for corrogated roofing panels. We put this on our garage when we had a sticks and bricks. It holds up very well, no fading of color, and I was really impressed with the ease of installation. You can buy the panels and all accessories at Lowe's or HD. They should have a color chart and brochure for you to take home with you and they can special order the colors they do not stock. Good luck with your search.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I can't tell you about the roof, but I can tell you we had grey sided mobile home...when we added the burgandy/maroon shutters it really made the place look great! Those colors really work well together....

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
It looks great Marc. Will you do the doors to match the Roof? Might look pretty good. That is if you have any money left over...

jimtoo

Hi Mark,

The roof looks great combined with the color of the house. The only thing I would have suggested is to make the downspouts of the gutters a color to match the siding of the house. This is my opinion only.

Jim M

mrcomer

It looks great Marc. Will you do the doors to match the Roof? Might look pretty good. That is if you have any money left over...

You hit the nail on the head Ray, no mo money. Was a home improvement blitz this year and the roof was just one of a few large projects.

Mark