Safe, mesh, and storage basket

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Well, Mark took the cover off the coach in preparation for the NorCal rally. then he got busy with a couple of projects.

He put in a safe we found at Costco. It didn't fit where we thought it would, but the final location will work out fine. He put a 7/16 plywood base down on the shelf with some contractors glue and 2 in screws. Then he used lag bolts to attach the safe to the plywood. In his words, "Its not going anywhere."

While in the process of placing the safe, he found it wouldn't fit under the bed, so he decided to do a storage basket similar to what I described to him from another thread. He put in a 2x2 frame and screwed the basket frame into that. We don't want to put anything heavy in it, but it would hold it if we needed to put something in it with the plan of removing it before moving the slide. Again, "Its not going anywhere!" That happens to be his favorite statement when he is building something.;);););)

After buying new equipment for the entertainment center, we decided that it would produce too much heat to have the door shut while it was on, but part of the reason for buying new equipment was to get rid of the Coby system that required the door to be open for the remote to work. So, he found some mesh online that is made for the purpose of providing ventilation to electronics in cabinets. It wasn't cheap! He took the glass out, repaired the frame he messed up when he took the glass out, :eek: caulked the mesh in place and tried to put the door back in place. Notice I said tried.... The knobs on the new equipment stick too far out to allow the door to close. So, he got some oak and put a raised frame around the door opening and attached the door to that. He put an extra catch on the door to make sure it doesn't go flying open with the new equipment in it. It came out looking pretty good, but wasn't a cheap mod like we thought it would be.

Now the only problem is getting the TV sound to go through the surround sound speakers. We tried the audio cable from TV to receiver patch, but it doesn't work. Any electrical wizards coming to Oroville this weekend? How about Winchester Bay in June? lol

Before you ask, here are the pictures. The one of the basket didn't turn out well, but you will get the idea. Oh, and anointed the job with blood, his, so its bound to work. That's another one of his construction rules. LOL

Kristy

safe..jpgstorage-basket..jpgent-door-exterio&#.jpgent-door-interio&#.jpg

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Good idea to extend the stereo cabinet with a false front. Even the Samsung that came with our 3670 is a tight fit (but the remote works through the glass).

sjrellis

I like the mesh idea for the receiver. I keep our door open all the time, but would like to close it. Hmmm...Jim is gonna have a new job!