Here we go again!

Gzopete

Happy Member
Well guys,

I got a new one for you....

The last time I posted was new years. We were on our last trip to Williams and our unit froze. We had three water leaks and a blown water pump....

I had everything fixed last week for our trip to warm country. We were about 100 miles into our first leg of our trip in the middle of nowhere when I looked into my mirror. The fender looked a little strange. I noted it to my wife to my surprise Whoosh!!!!!

1/3 of our underbelly went flying out the back of our rig

I stopped as soon as I could safely pull over. To my surprise another third of the underbelly was wrapped around the axles. So I pulled the third out the best I could and cut away as was needed to continue on our way. I held onto the parts I cut away to throw away at our first stop. There was one of the screws still attached to the plastic. I thought I might need it. Low and behold it had completely failed and broke at the head the plastic it was attached to was covered in rust. This trailer is only 10 months old.

I will leave it at that for now. I have more feeling about this that I don't think need to be shared at this time. I think most of you can fill in the blanks.

TNT

We had had our rig for 3 months when we took a trip to South Dakota. As soon as we pulled off the highway we heard a whoooooosh. We thought we had a flat tire. Come to find out the whole front half of our underbelly had peeled back from the front on the rig and was ready to get tangled in the axles. We barely made it home and got it off the axles so I could take photos for Heartland. After just a couple of calls Heartland agreed to have a local dealer in Albuquerque fix it instead of taking it to Durango where we bought it and who we think didn't tighten it enough after looking at the tanks at our request. Between the miles from SD to NM and a LOT of rain, it gave way.

It took some time to get done but only because of the ineptitue of the local dealer not Heartland. After raising some heck with them they got me in just before another trip by putting on smaller sheets of coroplast and many many self tapping screws. I think it is tighter under there now than with the one sheet and just a few screws the factory put in. I am going to take it back to have the garage covered this spring too.

Best of luck to you!