30 BHS Slide Issue

azcamper

I have a 2009 North Country 30 BHS. We've only used the trailer a few times since we purchased it in September of 2009. On our last trip the slide stopped 6 inches shy of fully opening. I've looked in, around and under the slide to see if there was an object wedged in the slide, keeping it from opening all of the way. I didn't get an instruction manual for the slide as I did with all of the other appliances and devices in the trailer. Is there a way I can troubleshoot this myself? I don't mind taking it in under warranty but if there's an easy answer or something I can check, I'm all ears! :)

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
My 1st question is. Will it come back in?? If so, are you sure that something is not under it or hanging up the slide ram outside?? You might also check the hydrolic fluid at the pump. If it is low it can cause this. Somethings to ponder. Bob

azcamper

Thank you for the response Bob. The slide will retract all of the way without a problem. In fact, when it extends 6" shy of full open, the motor makes that ratcheting sound as if it has extended all of the way. I didn't notice the problem right away until I saw the floor had not gone flush and the slide was a few inches from touching the trailer wall. I can check around the slide again and see if there's anything blocking it's travel path. Is there a manual I can download to reference the parts and schematic of the slide? It seems like a fairly simple problem and since I can't have the dealer look at it for another three weeks, I figured someone might have had this same issue. Any help is appreciated. Thanks again!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
AZ, run the slide out until it stops. Get under it and look at the slide ram and the cross shaft that has the gear teeth on it. Maybe something has happened to the "timing" of the gears. You can download the manual from the front page of the forum. Click on Lippert on the left side of the page. BTW, does the slide seem to go out straight? Bob