Sheets for the King Size Bed????

We bought a beautiful new 2010 Heartland Landmark Oakmont with a king size bed measuring 72" X 80" and are having a horrible problem finding sheets the correct size. We bought regular king size sheets that come 76" X 80" and have learned that a California king is 72" X 84". Anyone have any suggestions of where we can find the right size sheets without buying custome made ones? We've considered using "sheet guarters" but don't really want to if we can find the right sheets....

Thanks everyone for any suggestions you might have.
Patti & Doug Doty
Port Republic, MD

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
We use regular King sheets, we pull the extra up and under the head end of the bed. Most of the RV sheets you can buy are a lower thread count, and we found a 400 thread count at Liening and Things when they went out of business. You could also shorten the Cal. Kings up if you can sew, but if you think you want a matress topper, you may not need to shorten them.

jimtoo

We use regular King sheets, we pull the extra up and under the head end of the bed. Most of the RV sheets you can buy are a lower thread count, and we found a 400 thread count

Hey,,, your camping.... you have to rough it a little bit....:D :D At least that is the way I rough it now...:D A/C,, Heat,,, Micro wave,,,, Hmnn where was that in the 60's 70's,,, 80's....carpet....power jacks... TV,,,cable tv,,,
Yep ,,, we are really roughing it now to go camping...:D :D

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Patty bought the regular king size. We dont have a problem with them coming loose. She tells me Im the only loose cannon in the BH. Still dont know what she means by that.:confused: Im a nice guy....ask me and I will tell you. Bob:D

Tom of Ypsi

We had the same problem but now we use some straps that are made to hold the corners of sheets tight. These are not flawless but better than before. We got them at Bed Bath & Beyond and I am sure you can fnd them at other retailers in the bedding aisles.

GETnBYE

If you sew at all it should be an easy fix, just put the sheets on the mattress inside out and pin the excess on corners and run a quick seam. I t will be way cheaper than ordering special made ones.
good luck,
Nita

I would have to agree with the matress topper. We have a 2010 Eagle Ridge, got a matress topper and it`s great.
We enjoy it so much, we went back and got one for the house.

Ed & Dee Jackson

Hello,
We bought Northern Nights from QVC and love how they fit. Yes they are larger than the mattress. BUT...they are elastic all the way around the bottom sheet. So it fits perfectly. You know how hard it is to get the sheets on anyway, these made it easier. We use flannel sheets all year round, but Northern Nights makes cotton sheets made the same way.
Give them a try, we absolutely only sleep on NN from QVC.
AND we purchased a memory foam mattress topper. The $150 cost was very worth it. It made the mattress, that is always a bit hard, very comfortable. We thought we would have to purchase a new mattress, but now we don't. It is worth the money.
And nope, lol, I am not an employee at either company!:eek: