black streaks

banjoppd

Bought a 2011 Trail Runner 27fqbs. It is getting black streaks. what can I do about streaks. I store it outside uncovered. Can I put a wax on the trailer so that I can just shot it with a water hose instead of soap and water. What causes blak streaks?

Anyone out there towing a 27fqbs. We have not been camping in ours yet hope to tak it out Memorial Day.

jimtoo

Hi banjoppd,
Get that thing out and clean it up, and come and join us in Spring, Tx for a Heartland Owners Rally. You will meet a bunch of really great people and have lots to eat. All rallies have food. Check out the rally site here. Come and join us if you can.

Yes you can put wax on the trailer or use some of the commercial black streak removers or 303 products are really good.

Jim M

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Black streaks on the sides of trailers is not uncommon. It's from the crud that runs off the roof with the rain. Adding gutter extensions helps some by getting the drainage out away from the wall. Keeping your roof clean will probably help the most.

Northern Virginia
Two years ago I was reading on this forum about black streaks and several people recommended Awesome Orange cleaner from the dollar store. I was a little skeptical, but for a dollar. what the hay. Well, it worked great. Much better than I could have hoped. I am a believer now and keep a quart on hand. Since I also keep mine outside and uncovered, I clean up the streaks a couple of times a year. I also wax every spring which makes it easier to clean.

Cheers, John