Auxilary Fuel Tank

RSIG

Would like to hear from anyone using a auxilary tank from Northern Tool. How does the gravity feed work and have you had any problems with the install?

Thanks,
Ed

Rrloren

Had mine for 4 years and it works well. Removed it from my old truck and installed in the new one 3 years ago. The install is not hard, putting the valve into the trucks fuel fill hose maybe the toughest part but even that was not bad.
One thing to bear in mine is they do not hold as much fuel as advertised. Mine is a 37 gal. tank and I never got more than 33 gals. in it ,and most often get 31 or 32 gals. in.

davebennington

RSIG,

The RDS tank from Northern Tool is what we have 60 gallon works great. I understand the gravity feed works ok, I however did not go that way, I installed a fuel pump with a shutoff valve.

Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have a 60 gallon gravity feed. It works great. I turn on the tank when my OEM tank is at 1/4, then just leave it run. No problems, and an easy install.

Peace
Dave

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I have the 40 gallon with toolbox , with gravity feed. I have had it for a year now and works great. Its truly nice not having to worry about refueling planning on most trips . The only problem with the tank is having to pay the bill to fill it up......Kenny

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hi Ed
I had a tank installed from American Tank in Frisco TX. It is the Combo Box which has a tool box on top and a 45gal fuel tank. It is made so you can have a cover over your bed and not hit the Fuel tank.

They also have the parts to change between the Aux Tank and OEM tank by a switch on the dash and connection to the OEM fuel Gauge. They will ship you the tank and all the parts with instructions for installation and if you have a problem give them a call and they will help you. They are a small business in Frisco but do really good work. Give them a call and see what they can do.

BC

jnbhobe

I have the 37 gal tank and I run it with a pump and shutoff soloniod. If I didn't have the pump in the beginning I would surely use the gravity feed. JON

alkyspeed

I have the RDS 51 gal. combo tank and toolbox. Gravity feed with shutoff valve (just in case of a problem). 3 Years and works great -- would not be without the extra fuel capacity.