Tires

Iver

Through this forum I was advised to put metal valves stems on my tires if I was going to use pressure sensors. Did that. While there I noticed that they were putting 65psi in the trailer tires vs the 55psi that my dealer put in them. Their comment, "dealers don't sell tires". While there I was advised to put 53psi on the front tires of my truck and 80 on the rear as that was the recommended max on the door sticker.

What is the deal?

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I run 65 PSI front , 80 PSI rear because that is what my TV sticker has posted. I generally run 65 in the rear if not towing for awhile, seems to help on tire wear with no load. I would run max. PSI that is located on your rigs tires ......Kenny

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Through this forum I was advised to put metal valves stems on my tires if I was going to use pressure sensors. Did that. While there I noticed that they were putting 65psi in the trailer tires vs the 55psi that my dealer put in them. Their comment, "dealers don't sell tires". While there I was advised to put 53psi on the front tires of my truck and 80 on the rear as that was the recommended max on the door sticker.What is the deal?

Car/truck manufacturers recommended pressures are for the 'best ride'. Since you will usually be running the RV and TV at maximum or close to maximum load you want the inflation to be what is on the tire sidewall which is what is recommended by the tire manufacturer.

Wharton

Each mfg has a table of load vs. pressure. You may have to hunt for it on their website but it is there.
The stickers on the truck and trlr are useless.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Through this forum I was advised to put metal valves stems on my tires if I was going to use pressure sensors. Did that. While there I noticed that they were putting 65psi in the trailer tires vs the 55psi that my dealer put in them. Their comment, "dealers don't sell tires". While there I was advised to put 53psi on the front tires of my truck and 80 on the rear as that was the recommended max on the door sticker.

What is the deal?
You lost me....metal valve stems are good if you don't have pressure sensors. All the pressure sensors i have seen replace the valve stems?