Dropping Underbelly

Wharton

How difficult is this?

I keep reading about the dump valve problems and would like to be prepared.

Do you have to drop the entire belly or is it in sections? Can you cut a hole in it and put hinges on it-like a trap door-where the valves are?

This may be a mute point and I will understand better once we get our Big Horn.

Thanks

Northern Virginia
I removed the screws in the area I wanted to work and pulled the Coroplast down six inches or so to gain access from the side. I have also cut a three sided piece and hinged it down to do some work. I taped it back with black duct tape.

Cheers, John

Northern Virginia
We are in Chantilly, Virginia. About 23 miles West of DC. Virginia is an Awesome state for camping, just a couple hours from either the mountains, the Chesapeake Bay or the Atlantic ocean. We hit the road in a few short weeks to start the camping season! It's been 70* here lately. Wohooo!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
How difficult is this?

I keep reading about the dump valve problems and would like to be prepared.

Do you have to drop the entire belly or is it in sections? Can you cut a hole in it and put hinges on it-like a trap door-where the valves are?

This may be a mute point and I will understand better once we get our Big Horn.

Thanks

Dropping the uderbelly is not hard. If you completely remove it does help to have a helper to put it back in place.

After dropping it for a hydraulic leak, I was glas I did. It was a little messy under there and it gave me a chance to clean up the wires and hoses and duct work.

001-2.jpg

If thats any indication on how the factory runs lines and hoses I don't think that is quality work I'm interested in a Landmark but that fit and finish won't do.

Wharton

Wait until you see some of the other brands................They are all pretty much the same.................