Hershey PA RV show

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Just a open question, Is anyone form the factory scheduled or planning to attend the RV show in Hershey Pa, September 13 to 17th ?

kognito

I haven't seen Heartland listed on the vendor listings for the show. We already have appointments scheduled with the factory rep from Newmar on Thursday morning, and Nuwa on Thursday afternoon

Scott

Hershey

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but Heartland will not have a display at this year's Hershey show.
We will have a number of our reps out there to spend time with dealers and review product, but we will not have a display. Honestly, it cost us as much as the other "Major" shows around the country (tens of thousands of dollars), but with very, very, limited buyers actually attending the show. Frankly, it just hasn't been nearly as successful for the manufacturers, or the dealers, as the other RVIA sponsored shows. Our dealers actually did better at shows on their own sales lots during the Hershey show than AT the Hershey show - so we decided to put the money towards other shows this year.
I know there are some East Coast area retail customers who are not going to be happy about this decision, but if you really are interested in Heartland's line up of fifth wheels, you can see that at a number of dealers in the area.

ST

BluegrassMan

Hi All:
If it weren't for the RV dealer testing the waters and having Heartland supply 2 Landmarks at the show when it was at Harrisburg, I probably wouldn't have one NOW. I went to the Harrisburg LOOKING to buy a 5ver as good as what I had or better. Never hearing of Landmarks, was walking along heading for the INSIDE displays (Carriage) actually. I happened to look over at this 5ver with nice grahpics, told the wife "lets drift over to see what these are like". The rest is history I got a SUPER deal because of the "show" and the factory incentive for a new dealer prospect. I haven't seen a deal that sweet since in newspaper ads etc. The Landmarks are a great value vs. money. NO the dealer didn't become a Heartland dealer. But the TETON dealer across from him became one !!!! Their sales people are putting these up against Tetons as a close 2nd to one. Last year's Heartland display was nice. Just too many kids and strollers in and out of them. That's what I don't care for.

sfischer

Wow, we're sorry to hear that Heartland will not be at the Hershey show. We will be attending the show for several days and was very anxious to take a look.

gawelsh

We spent today at the Hershey RV show - something like "26 football fields" of RVs, plus gazillions of vendors in the huge inside arena. We had a blast and met Gary Benzer , the RV Doctor. He gave a terrific seminar on RV tire issues. I will say that the only RV we could have fallen in love with, if we weren't already in love with the Mt Rushmore we've ordered , was a Holiday Rambler Presidential Suite....but boy , are they heavy. The 37 footer was well over 16,000 lbs. It's MSRP was a tad higher than the Mt Rushmore's - although it was nice, it didn't have the same well thought out features of the Landmark - like the universal docking area. We're just completely convinced that Landmark is the best there is for the
weight, price, quality, features and overall value.

Anyway, the show is great, but we're glad we went on a rainy opening day mid-week. By this weekend, you won't be able to get within a mile of Hershey, with people going to that show !!

kognito

The rain today wasn't too bad. Tomorrow should be a little nicer and still (hopefully) not too bad crowds. My legs are killing me! so far our favorites were Teton Homes.