Tekonsha Voyger Brake Controller

jonesj2

Well here is the issue? Hooked the 5th wheel to the truck yesterday, heading to the campground. Connected the electrical cable to the truck and noticed when I hit the brakes there was no activation of the trailer brakes. Reconnected the electrical cable and still nothing. Pushed on the emergency lever on the controler and had very agressive brakes. Has anyone else had this issue before? I am going to trouble shoot per the Tekonsha manual this weekend but sometimes that does not pan out and others here may have better ideas on how to correct issues.

JIm I had a voyager controler for about a year, it worked ok on our first pop-up but not so good on the NT. It is a good basic control, but very hard to adjust,
and seems to change all the time. After almost puting my DW and dog through the windshield eight or ten times I went on e-bay and bought a PRODIGY controler
I think I paid about $80.00 It was the best money I ever spent. Do your self a favor and look into a new control. It could save you and your mariage!
It was very easy to install and you can check you wiring at the same time.
Good luck
Dale

jonesj2

Thanks Dale, point well taken. I am inquiring about one that is in the For Sale area of this Forum.

caissiel

I also replaced my Voyager with a Protigy unit.
I felt like it was installed properly and only the lever worked.

I found out that the fuse for the brake controler was blown.
Prodigy did not work neither, until I changed the fuse.

Brad

Ditto all that. I had a Voyager (which I paid WAY too much for at the dealer w/ trailer purchase before I knew anything) and could never get it set right. It needed adjustment every time I used it and there were times when I could never get it right and felt like it was doing nothing. Had a lock-up on an exit ramp once, luckily I had the ramp to myself and was already taking things slow. I just installed a Prodigy but haven't had a chance to try it yet. I paid $115 (including vehicle-specific wiring) on Amazon.

First-of-the-season camping plans were foiled last weekend by a poorly timed weekend winter storm and foiled this weekend by me getting sick and a cooler chance-of-rain forecast. Tomorrow I may hook up and go to a nearby parking lot to get the Prodigy dialed-in. That will scratch the itch a little bit and save some time on the first trip.