Superglide hitches dangerous

Ricoh

Past Ontario Chapter Leader
I was cleaning my 16K Superglide hitch yesterday taking all the grease and dust etc out of the head unit when I accidentally tripped the mechanism and it slammed the end of my ring finger of my left hand:D I had rubber gloves on and I looked and there was no hole in the glove but **** it hurt but kept on working until it really started to hurt. Pulled off the glove and YES there was blood everywhere. The end of my finger blew up. Sakes alive did I ever feel stupid and kind of p.o."d at myself. Got all cleaned up and finished the job. I can sure see why they grab the pin so well. All kidding aside what a great well built hitch this is and I am lucky one came in my truck when I bought it. Another hard lesson learned:D

Rick

BruteForce

The title had me a bit worried. I have the SuperGlide 18k. It's heavy, but I sure appreciate the fact that I can remove it 100% from the bed of my truck. No pins, no rails, etc. I use a 4ton cherry picker to pop it out for storage.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Ouch, I have a 18K Pullrite Superglide for sale, that I agree is awesome. I need a smoother ride so I had to buy an air bag hitch, made by trailersaver.com . Anyone interested let me know!

GOTTOYS

I triggered mine with a screwdriver when I first installed it just to see how it worked. That baby closes like a Bear Trap! Wouldn't want my finger in there...Don

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
The instructions do a good job of warning you to keep your fingers away from the latch.

Duane