Four Years Old............

Uncle Rog

Howdy, the forum has grown since my first visit in 2006, for the better I might add.
Initially most of the posts / questions were from people looking for solutions to problems, mine included.
The discussions seemed to have evolved into more information sharing than a sound board for negative issues, which is also a good thing.
It is also interesting to note how many folks have traded up for new units and stayed with Heartland.
We have not been in our rig for three months, the longest period since we have owned it.
Yesterday, I turned the power bank back on, battery power was still 2/3 on the panel, and opened up the slides. As usual everything opened up without a hitch. The fantastic was kicked on to air things out and we opened up a couple of windows.
We started to dust and realized that there really was not much to clean up. After four years the unit was so tight that even with the high desert winds, over three months, that it literally took 15 minutes to wipe down the conters, wipe the TV face and run the Oreck over the carpet, done!
I turned the pump on and put water in the head, no smell, and it is ready to go. I use the water softener / detergent mixture and am totally sold on it.
It took another 5 minutes to crank up the satellite dish, acquire a signal, and FOX was tuned in.
Last but not least it took another 8 minutes to move the refreshments out and set up the ice maker.
We are ready to go................
I guess the purpose of the post is just to say that our rig is the nicest we have had and over all the easiest to set up......................

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It's heartening to know your Heartland is still hearty :D. Won't be long that we'll be opening our's up and getting it ready to haul north for the summer. Couple of checks over the winter show no leaks from rain or melting snow while in storage. And it smells like fabric sheets inside (spread half a box around to protect against rodents).

billd

Our Bighorn spends most of its time out at the Colorado river near Parker, AZ. Even when the heat gets bad the 5th wheel does well.

Bill

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Roger, I can see your house from here! And your rig! We're right down the road about an hour in Indio.

Attachments

• Roger..JPG
    Roger..JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 31

fhollan

Uncle Rog: I see you still have your 2006 BH. Well, so do I. Every year since when I got mine out from under roof, I've had the same results. No problems whatsoever. So next month I hope I have the same results. Checked things out during storage and everything looked fine. So have fun this season. Happy Camping!