Looking for reviews, information, opinions, pictures, likes and dislikes on RW 361

mdvctry

Hi, I'm looking for more information on the RW 361. Please reply if you have personal first hand knowledge. I have yet to see one in person and there doesn't seem to be much information on-line.

Thanks in advance

Mike Aplin

Please feel free to give us a call here at Heartland RV @ 574-266-8702 and ask for a Road Warrior representative. We will be glad to answer any and all questions regarding this awesome new floor plan. Have you checked the website? We are adding new information daily and I believe that there are some photos of this unit on our website. Take care, Mike

Jellystone

mdvctry, we have the RW 305 and flat out love the unit. It is quality thru & thru at it's price range. If you're considering the RW 361 then hunt one down and buy it-you will not be disappointed. Heartland does care about their customers and their products.

Mike Aplin

Thank you for your interest in Heartland RV and the 361RW. The 361RW has a 14' garage and the 3612 Cyclone has a 12' garage. Both are the same floor plan. Please check with your local dealer to see which unit they have in inventory and you will be able to see what floor plan looks like either way with the exception of the garage. If you would like to speak to a representative here at Heartland regarding that floor plan, please feel free to give us a shout. Take care, Mike

mdvctry

All,

Thanks for your replies. I walked through two HL's this past weekend, a RW395 and cyclone 3850(?). I was disappointed in the quality of the trim and finish work in the RW. It literally had trim pieces falling off the walls and the fit and finish was very very poor. The salesperson intimated that this was usual for HL and the industry. Really? That is disappointing. Doesn't give me confidence in the dealership or the brand.

Jellystone, you sound like you have had a great experience and have no regrets. Do you think the RW I saw was just not indicative of RWs in general?

BruteForce

I own a RW395, and other than a few glitches with air conditioning, a slight bend in a landing gear leg and some pin-striping, we've had no issues with fit & finish. The interior and exterior has been flawless. I now have around 5k miles on our unit and it seems to be holding up well.

Jellystone

mdvctry, how is the "toyhauler search" coming along? The one you looked at 4 months ago does not represent overall Heartland quality. We've had ours over a year now and the fit and finish is still just as great as day 1 at the dealership. Now with that said, I also believe in keeping it clean, tidy, and maintained. The unit has held up wonderfully,so far, on all of our travels (all seasons) and we camp VERY often.

mdvctry

Jellystone,

Thanks for taking the time to reply and ask about my search. I'm convinced now after researching for the past few months that Heartland has the best overall product and Keystone Fuzion has the best overall gadgets.

I am now reconsidering the RW361 and am looking at the Cyclone 3950 and RW395. The primary reason is the 1/2 bath in the gargage which I am starting to think is more important than a 14' garage. WRT Fuzion, I really like the idea of the patio on the ramp that Keystone offers, this would be useful as I plan to use the RV as my mobile classroom for my motorcycle safety business. I imagine that I could create a patio affect on Heartland by using small jacks under the ramp to level it off and buy or make the patio fence.... Anyway, here are my pros and cons and would appreciate any comments of suggestions:

Heartland Pros
14' Garage easier to fit 8 M/C (RW361)
1/2 bath good for business/kids use (RW395/3950)
full size Fridge in garage good for business/kids (RW395/3950)
TV in garage good for business/kids (RW395/3950/361)

Heartland cons
12' Garage smaller

Fuzion Pros"
Patio
x3 propane cylinders
Dual Fuel tanks for Motorcycles
Garage table

Last edited:

tcbrady

don't forget that Cyclone and Road Warrior have Hydraulic front landing gear and dexter EZ flex suspension - these are not available on Fuzion. In addition, Cyclone and Road Warrior have a Country Rest pillow top mattress - compare this to the Fuzion mattress and you will definitely notice a quality difference. Also, Heartland has a 1 piece fiberglass shower (not susceptible to leaking) vs. the Fuzion 2 piece.

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
I know Porthole Just uploaded pictures of how he made a patio on our Cyclone..
As for as product and customer service from Heartland, IMHO and after much research by Porthole, we know we have a quality product. Also check under his posts as "So it begins". He has made so many personal modifications as well as other members to make each of our units our own.
Also, Porthole has actually toured the factories and production of the top 3 players in the toy hauler market. If you knew him, You would know why the Cyclone was by far hands down the best IHHO.......
You really have to weigh it throughly before making the leap either way.
Good Luck in your search.

Jellystone,

Thanks for taking the time to reply and ask about my search. I'm convinced now after researching for the past few months that Heartland has the best overall product and Keystone Fuzion has the best overall gadgets.

I am now reconsidering the RW361 and am looking at the Cyclone 3950 and RW395. The primary reason is the 1/2 bath in the gargage which I am starting to think is more important than a 14' garage. WRT Fuzion, I really like the idea of the patio on the ramp that Keystone offers, this would be useful as I plan to use the RV as my mobile classroom for my motorcycle safety business. I imagine that I could create a patio affect on Heartland by using small jacks under the ramp to level it off and buy or make the patio fence.... Anyway, here are my pros and cons and would appreciate any comments of suggestions:

Heartland Pros
14' Garage easier to fit 8 M/C (RW361)
1/2 bath good for business/kids use (RW395/3950)
full size Fridge in garage good for business/kids (RW395/3950)
TV in garage good for business/kids (RW395/3950/361)

Heartland cons
12' Garage smaller

Fuzion Pros"
Patio
x3 propane cylinders
Dual Fuel tanks for Motorcycles
Garage table