2009 Bighorn 3670

colleengb

Main Air Conditioner cannot keep up on hot days. Is this unit wired in the bedroom for a 2nd air condition? Presently bedroom has Fantastic Fan. Thanks for your input inadvance.

2010augusta

It might be, Call the Factory on Monday with your VIN and they can tell you for sure.

Here is a thread that has a device to improve the air flow in the main AC system
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/1069-AC-air-flow-problem-SOLVED?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
One thing you could do is take the four screws out of the Fantastic Fan and drop the inside shroud. You should be able to look in there and you will see a yellow cable if it's wired. The cable is Romex. It may be marked 12/2. Or something like that. It would terminate in a plastic box. Also look in your breaker panel and see if there is a breaker for the bedroom A/C.
I had a Fantastic Fan in the bedroom, and when I took it out, I put it in the bathroom. Works on a wall switch. One of my better ideas.

Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
OK DAVE, so how did you get the wires down inside the wall to install a switch. Mine just has the little m-i-c-k-e-y m-o-u-s-e switch on the fan. Bob

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Bob, you know if I told you I would have to ki.......oh never mind. I was able to teach in through the insulation from the fan hole and find, by feel, where the wires for the light switch went down through the wall. I then tied a nut to a string and dropped it down the hole. I took out the light switch and grabbed the string, and pulled a couple of wires up and then over to the fan. I got a two gang switch and replaced the one switch for the light with it. Easy as pie.

Peace
Dave

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
Yes the 09 is pre-wired for an AC in the bedroom. The AC unit we had installed has the controls on the AC not on the wall. Also you may want to pull the inside cover off the rear AC and then look up, Do you see any daylight (remove cover during the day, for those who would try this at night, you know who you are)? if so you need to have the plentums resealed with the aluminum tape instead of the foam (junk) tape they used. That made a big change in the cooling of the rear AC.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Thanks Dave for the info. Well it seems that I have another project. Now I wonder if I can get to the wires from the termostat to hook that up to the fan. Thanks again for all the work you are causing me. Bob

wdk450

Colleen:
Do you get enough air conditioning air flow from the vents? Most everyone has had to make the "TIMK" modification inside the air conditioner shroud to get their systems to work right.

Here is a link: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/1069-AC-air-flow-problem-SOLVED?highlight=a/c+tent

Main Air Conditioner cannot keep up on hot days. Is this unit wired in the bedroom for a 2nd air condition? Presently bedroom has Fantastic Fan. Thanks for your input inadvance.