need info on hiway 60

MOMIKE

We are heading out to New Mexico from AZ. in April. We are looking at hiway 60 out of Pheonix over to hiway 25 to Albuquerque NM., how is the road and terrain. Pulling a Big Country 3500RL. Info appreciated!!!!!

Brad

I can't think of anything you'd need to worry about other than the gas stations being few and far between on 60.
In Socorro, when you hit California Street (main drag), turn right for a short (1/2 mile) jaunt to I-25. If you turn left you'll have to go through town to hit I-25.
Also, along the easy route, there's an easy-in, easy-out Chevron on the left side of the road with pumps parallel to the road. After you fill up you'll have to drive around the back of the building to get yourself back to the entrance to be able to turn left and continue your journey. The other entry/exit only allows you to turn right due to a median.

On an interesting side note, while verifying this I discovered the first case I've come across of the Google Street View vehicle stopping for gas (at this station).

RoadJunkie

I have been on 60 several times and it's a pretty good road. Watch the wind between Egar/Springerville and Quemado, and that stretch is probably the the loneliest. There is a Very Large Array (VLA) museum, which I thought was worth the quick stop, and don't forget to pick up some pie in Pie Town!