to plug or not to plug while storing?

I am storing my Elk Ridge in Vegas for 3-4months in the summer. Should I leave the trailer connected to power from a 20amp circuit to keep the converter on?
I dont want to leave the batteries unattended lest they sulfate or drain. Does the converter have a trickle charge or battery tender mode? is it safe to leave it plugged for a long time?
would it be a good idea to put a timer on a circuit to send power to the converter about 2 hours every day to top off the batteries?

Thanks

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
When I've stored my TT, and now the BH, over the winter, I pull the battery and keep it at home in the garage. Maybe once a month, connect the battery charger to it and give it a trickle charge. Never had a problem with it. If you leave it in the rig, without power, the LP gas detector will drain it, along with any digital devices that maintain some kind of display, like a radio. Even when that occurred during periods of non-use during the summer, hooking up to the TV and hauling it where ever, brought the battery back up to strength.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I have had all my rigs on electric 24/7 and never had a problem. The only time its not plugged in is traveling. The main thing to watch though if your converter does not have a Charge Wizard added or built in you can boil the battery . I seldom have to add water with this setup and think the Charge Wizard is the cats meow.

http://www.progressivedyn.com/prod_details/charge_wizard.html

jnbhobe

Ours is always plugged in also, from April thru October we leave we leave the fridge on too. we have never had any problems with charging or batteries. JON

We plan on leaving ours plugged in also even though the winter. We want to put those plug in mouse repellents in the camper. We have used them in the garage with great success. Anything to keep the pests away.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Sundance, we use this to repell rodents and we dont have to keep her plugged in either. BTW, congratulations on the new Sundance. Bob

Attachments

• crazy cat 017 (Medium).jpg
    crazy cat 017 (Medium).jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 19

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Well "baby the cat" does not believe in the catch and release deal....AT ALL. She believes in the catch...play...and eat it program. She has snuck a few in the house while they were still moving. We could sent her to visit and teach your kitties the ropes. All we ever find is 1/2 of what ever she gets by the sliding door to the patio. YUK. You know, share and share alike. I have tried to explain to her that I dont want a 1/2 mouse. Bob

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have had all my rigs on electric 24/7 and never had a problem. The only time its not plugged in is traveling. The main thing to watch though if your converter does not have a Charge Wizard added or built in you can boil the battery . I seldom have to add water with this setup and think the Charge Wizard is the cats meow.

http://www.progressivedyn.com/prod_details/charge_wizard.html

Been thinking about this subject and went into my owner info package and found the manual for my converter. If you have a Progressive PD9200 series converter, it has Charge Wizard. Actually ordered the remote charge status indicator pendant for it, just so I can "watch" it working. I think I'll mount it right next to the remote display for the surge suppressor.