sewer hose

charlie51

I am looking for a good sewer hose system, but don't want to spend $75-$100 on it. I don't full-time so I don't need a top of the line hose. The most I am hooked up is usually 3-4 days at a time. I mainly want something that is not going to crack or spring a leak when you stretch it out, but like I said I don't need the high end best of the best since I am not living in my TT, and it is only used for family outings. What is a good system for my situation? Thanks

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Here's a link on past discussions on sewer hose //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/14243-Best-sewer-hose........Kenny

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Here's anothr vote for the rhino hose. I've used mine for over a year and no problems.

branson4020

Icantre Member
I'm happy with the Valterra Dominator (silly name, great hose.) But, all of the hoses mentioned are the "higher-end" stuff, which is to say you'll spend an extra $50 bucks or so over the cheap hose. On the other hand, you'll probably spend that much on new shoes when the cheap hose gives out on you. It's not a place to skimp, especially when the cost difference is so small. Also, you'll probably be hooking and unhooking and dragging that hose around and giving it more abuse than the average fulltimer who just stays put for months at a time.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The greatest product I have ever seen is Polychute. It is an almost indestructible sewer hose. It might be slightly more expensive however when you consider you don't have to buy connections or clean sight connections and it comes with its own carrying case, you can't go wrong. You can check it out at www.Polychute.com?rid=30

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
After what I have spent on all of the cheap hoses (none last over a season), I feel that I am saving money after buying my Rhino.

Bighurt

The greatest product I have ever seen is Polychute. It is an almost indestructible sewer hose. It might be slightly more expensive however when you consider you don't have to buy connections or clean sight connections and it comes with its own carrying case, you can't go wrong. You can check it out at www.Polychute.com?rid=30

And its made in the USA...always a buying point in my opinion.

bacaye

We just received our new Polychute but have not been able to use it. We are hoping over the 4th we will be able to do this. What do you like or not like about this? Barb

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I bought the Rhino-Flex set at the beginning of this season. So far, I'm pretty satisfied with it. What I like is that it maintains the shape you put it in, so with the hose run on an accordion style support to the sewer connection, it doesn't droop at the trailer or flop all over when you dump. Most really flexible hoses I've seen tend to droop at the rig if there's any gap in the support, forcing you to pick it up to get it to drain properly. That, or if your tanks dump fast and hard like the BH, the hose flops off the supports (between hold down straps) and jumps like an anaconda on steroids.

No, the white fresh water hose does not get attached to the back flush attachment.

View attachment 8977View attachment 8978

Last edited:

PSF513

While I can not tell you the brand name of ours, we bought it at WalMart. 2 - 10 foor sections with bayonet connections and end caps for about $25 - 30 (hose is brown and connections are yellow). Has served us well for the last season and a half

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Bacaye,
I've never actually used the Polychute but have the Rhino Flex. My only dislike at this point is that the Polychute kit is $149 and the Rhino Flex is $39.95. I'm not certain of the length of the Poly unit but the RF is 15'. A 10' extension is another $19.99. Thats a lot of extra money to pay!

jcarnevale

We own a Polychute and it works great, very satisfied. With that said, it's brand new, it should work great. I'll let you know next season if it was worth the price!

J

jmgratz

We just received our new Polychute but have not been able to use it. We are hoping over the 4th we will be able to do this. What do you like or not like about this? Barb

I have used mine several times. I like that it is easy and cleaner to use. It has a clear section on each end so you can see when the line is clear. I also like the fact you have a cutoff valve at the sewer connection end. I also like that there is a cover that goes on the RV connection end. Plus each end can turn without disconnecting. Also the container it goes in is a nice touch too. I like the fact it is built to last and won't crush. A very well built in USA product.

BTW is 15 feet long when stretched.

jcarnevale

Re: sewer hose update

We own a Polychute and it works great, very satisfied. With that said, it's brand new, it should work great. I'll let you know next season if it was worth the price!

J

At the end of the first season the Polychute still looks and works like new. We used it 12 times in 7 months and it appears to be holding up very well.

J

jmgratz

We have been using our Polychute sewer hose constantly for the last 6 months and it still looks new and works great. No leaks or any other issues with it. A great product and well worth the purchase price. Available at www.Polychute.com?rid=30

caissiel

I have been using sewer hoses for the last 18 years and some of the original fittings are still being used. We firs part time and been full timing the last 6 years.

I never buy the light blue ones but the HD hoses of the same kind. So Far I cannot remember the last hose I bought.
When I hookup I just lay the hoses on the ground and take care not to drag them on the pavement.
The hoses wear mostly in storage while traveling, so its important that the storage pipe be short enough to fit the hose thight when placed in.
In the bumper storage I place a 20ft and a 10ft hose so it will be snug. I aslo have a 5 ft pipe that I place my other 20ft hose in.