what is a good grill to use?

plumberdude

hi ya'll
well it's spring time. time to get ready for outside grilling.
someone forgot to tell mother nature that, here nm we just had a snown storm:D
we getting the 5th wheel ready for some new adventures:
1 load up the motorcycles.
2 load up the food
3 bring something to wear??
4 bring the dog
5 ok bring the dw:angel:
ouch!!! she just read that.
so, what is a good grill to use on the road?? let games begin.
pat-lori

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Ok I'll go first.
I like the Coleman Road Trip.
Everyone who sees asks why I dont have a Weber and begin to tell me what is wrong with the Coleman.
Oh well, I like it.

skyguy

Weber 'Q'. Best portable grill I ever had.

That's my grill and I'm stickin' with it.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I had a Road Trip, and gave it to my brother. I now have the best portable grill I have ever had. The Weber Q with a folding stand.

Peace
Dave

boatdoc

We use the Weber Q!!! The wife had brought home the Road Trip years ago and I hated that thing from the minute I first used it. Way too messy with the water around it and it melted one of the grills.

jddugan

I have the Road Trip for larger groups, and a Weber Q when it's just the DW and I. Both are very good products. Takes a little longer to clean the Road Trip properly, plus requires more storage space. Both have served well.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Weber Q 100. We had an Olympian for 12-13 years from Camping World and liked it BUT the "Q" is fantastic. Even heating across the entire grill surface and easy to clean. The down side is it's a bit heavy.

loafer

Weber Baby Q just DW and me so its fine solid unit and heats evenly a little pricey but looked after should last awhile
Just my >02 cents
Bill

GETnBYE

Another Weber Q vote here. We didn't spend the extra money for the stand, it sits up on any type of table with no trouble. The cast iron does need to be seasoned in my opinion or food will stick. I just seasoned them like I do my cast iron skillets...put them in the oven at home with potato peelings (just wash the potato before you peel it), put in them for a week or two and every time the oven is used oils come out of the potato peels and will season them. I don't use the grease and heat method, I think it makes the skillets sticky.
Good luck on finding the perfect grill.
Nita

scott b

Another Weber Q vote here. We didn't spend the extra money for the stand, it sits up on any type of table with no trouble. The cast iron does need to be seasoned in my opinion or food will stick. I just seasoned them like I do my cast iron skillets...put them in the oven at home with potato peelings (just wash the potato before you peel it), put in them for a week or two and every time the oven is used oils come out of the potato peels and will season them. I don't use the grease and heat method, I think it makes the skillets sticky.
Good luck on finding the perfect grill.
Nita
Another vote for the Baby Q, we bought the 100, and the Extend a stay kit, so we could hook up to the trailer tanks. I still carry a couple of the small canisters just cause i have them. Good luck ..Scott

Dave012

Another vote for the Baby Q, we bought the 100, and the Extend a stay kit, so we could hook up to the trailer tanks. I still carry a couple of the small canisters just cause i have them. Good luck ..Scott

Scott, Whats the Extend a Stay Kit?

scott b

Dave it is a T fitting that comes off your propane tank, and has a twelve foot hose that attaches to you grill so you dont have to use those little bottles. CW sells them , I think they are 60 dollars or so. It works out good. Scott