Cool Cat Heat Pump

BonnieP

New to the forum and looking at getting an Edge M21. For the factory: Is it possible to replace the roof air conditioner and put a "Cool Cat" heat pump maybe under the refridge or somewhere, to give lower height clearance? Just a thought, if it would be possible. You have the same windows as the T@B/T@DA (love that!) You have done everything right on the EDGE. Now we get into the "What if's" ? The 'Cool Cat' maybe a little heavier but I would be willing to sacrifice a little weight for height. Thank you Ken

M

Mcreech

Ken,
Here at Heartland we do not use the cool cat a/c at this time......I will ask my purchasing department to look into this and get the guys from cool cat in here to pitch there product. To be honest with you I have never heard of them before.....
Thanks
Mike C

BonnieP

Mcreech, I know they are used in the T@B and T@DA products (no longer being manufactured) The idea was they put it on the floor thus reducing the height of the Trailer. It was a big unit 13,500 air conditioner/Heat pump, so you had the best of both worlds Hot or cold down to 40 degrees. It does take up some room inside but it made the aero dynamics and the outside height less. Thank you again for your answers. We have our Eye on the Edge, as we go forward because of all the "RIGHT" things Hearland has done with this product. There is a lot I like in this unit. Thank you again for your time. Ken & Bonnie