Converter problems

I have a 07 cyclone 3795, several times last season the lights would start to go dim and then go out for a few minutes then come back on while being pluged in to shore power. I think that the battery switch was turned on, but I don't remember. Is the converter going bad or is the battery bad? Is there a way to check?

jnbhobe

I have a 07 cyclone 3795, several times last season the lights would start to go dim and then go out for a few minutes then come back on while being pluged in to shore power. I think that the battery switch was turned on, but I don't remember. Is the converter going bad or is the battery bad? Is there a way to check?
It sort of sounds like a converter problem, But I think a lot more information is needed. The battery switch should always be on when using the coach, the converter is not made to run the coach without a battery in the circut,expecially the slideouts The battery can be tested by a good battery shop. You may want to check the connections on the converter. JMHO, JON

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member

Our Converter acted just like that a few weeks before it went totally out.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
This issue was covered a few days ago. You could have a bad converter or a bad battery. You will need to check it with your meter. Do a search for converter and see if you cannot find the previous discussion.

wyleyrabbit

Yamahaulic,

I was the one that had the converter problem, and it started exactly like you describe. The lights would get brighter for a few seconds, then dim again. My converter ended up needing to be replaced, as it was only outputting 9.00 V which obviously isn't enough to charge 12 V batteries.

The thread with all the helpful troubleshooting tips is here: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/14930-Dead-converter

Please keep us updated on the mortality of your converter.

Cheers,
Chris