Labman

Bought myself a 35DSRL for my 55th Birthday.:D
We have never owned a trailer before, tented all our lives. So it's going to be a BIG learning curve.
I am little confused, when I ordered my trailer at a Spring show, I ordered it from a brochure, The model I ordered was a Elk Ridge, when I picked it up this past Sat., I was so excited, that I never realized until today, that it is an EAGLE Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have to wait until tomorrow to ask the dealer" What the Heck?"

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Labman, that sounds a little strange. I was under the impression Heartland had to stop making the Eagle Ridge and replaced the name with Elk Ridge. (They do have the same floor plans). Due to a potential pattent/name infringement. I'm also surprised that you got a 2010, I would have thought if you "ordered" one, it would have been a 2011. Maybe you should consult you dealer and/or call Heartland with your VIN and ask them, what's up? By the way, welcome to the Heartland Family & Forum. Happy Birthday to you!!!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Labman, first of all...HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I seem to remember this happened to another person. This was about a month ago. You said a spring show...this spring...2010. There is no way that you would get a 2010 coach if you ordered it this spring of 2010. They have been building the 2011's for about 6 months now. Seems to me that the outcome was that the coach was not a Heartland product. There seems to be a company in Canada that makes a simular coach with that name, "Eagle Ridge". Patent rights do not mean anything in Canada. Those are U.S. patents. If it is sitting at your home, if it was made by Heartland, it will say so on the coach. You might go take a look. I will see if I can find that other thread. Anyway, welcome to the forum and hopefully the Heartland family. Hopefully Im wrong. Bob

Last edited:

Labman

It is a Heartland, at least it has the Heartland plates on the side of trailer, up by the nose. I should have said, that it was bought from a brochure, the dealer had several at his place, just not at the show. He still has a couple exactly the same as mine, just different interiors. The one we bought is finished in "Breeze". Manufacture date on the NVIS is 02/12/2009. The bill of sale say's Elk Ridge, the trailer it's self says Eagle Ridge. this may make the insurance and registration a pain in the rear!

Labman

Eagle/Elk, it's still a very nice unit!
We looked at :
Blue Ridges, Sierra's, Jazz, Mako's etc, etc. 11 Dealers, about 16 different Makes and models.
Of course we chose the Heartland layout, the brouchure is what sold it to us, it listed everything we felt we needed!

Labman

Now that Brian has offered to get involved with the dealer(BIG thanks) I am a lot calmer, and thank-you for the Birthday wishes.
I believe that we are going to be very happy involved with the Heartland Family!!!!

ihsolutions

Sounds to me like you "ordered" a unit but based on what options you selected, they had one of the old Eagle Ridge units on the lot that matched what you ordered. Personally, I'd make an issue of this because you should have received a NEW 2011, not a 2010 that has been sitting on the lot for 13 months with the slideouts extended, exposed to mother nature. Which is not to say I wouldn't take it, I'd just want a better deal in that case.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The way I see it, if you are happy with the unit then go with it. You might get another one that has problems. Whats in the label anyway. As long as the vin matches with the registration that is the most important thing. The Eagle Ridge became the Elk Ridge due to a legal issue. Same coach with a different label. No big deal. Anyone who has been around Heartland and RVs knows this. Certainly your dealer does.

ihsolutions

I'd also look and make sure there are no new standard options on the 2011's that were optional on the 2010. Because you thought you were getting a 2011 since that's what you ordered from at the show. I know on the Big horn line there are a lot of additional standard features such as hydraulic front landing gear, electric rear jacks, and gelcoat slam baggage doors that were optional or unavailable on 2010 models. Jim's right, you need to be happy with what you have, but I'd just feel like I was lied to by the dealer and that wouldn't sit well with me.

jimpav

Congrats as well. We've had our Eagle Ridge for almost a year now. Great unit...............but watch for the mildew issue in the toolbox. I still don't think the factory's come up with a soultion.

ChopperBill

For what ever it worth I like the name Eagle Ridge better than Elk Ridge, but that is besides the point. Did you ever get that "fly out of the ointment"?

jmaguire

I have the same unit. Since they changed the name to Elk Ridge and we have Eagle Ridges, I believe we have collector items that should be worth a lot of money. We love our unit very much. We also have the mildew problem that someone else mentioned. Ours is currently in the shop, but will post what is happening with our mildew problem. The factory thought it was a vent issue with the toolbox lid, whilr the dealer thinks it is some missing caulk. We will see.