Dealer service

mvtriton

Hello all,
We looked long and hard for a toy hauler trailer with sep garage since our tow veh was a Ford Excursion. We selected the 3010 Cyclone but no one seemed to have one in stock and our local dealer only sells the 5th wheels. So we searched and found the closest one was in Ohio. A long way from Gig Harbor WA so we stepped up, bought it and brought it home. We loved it and dealt with some of the new rig nuisances and kept a short list of those things that weren't easily fixed. While still within the warranty period we called the local dealer to make an appointment to get the issues handled. The dealer not only did not call me back after I left a message but when I called them back a third time and talked directly to the service manager he refused to work on it because we didn't buy it from them. His actual statement also embellished it but I kept it short here. He also complained about Heartland paying their bills in full. So I called Heartland and spoke to their warranty manager, a nice fellow who suggested another dealer who would work on it although they were not even a Heartland outlet. The rig is now there for service and so far all is going well except we get booted off the schedule whenever one of their sold units needs work. Has anyone else had this run around from a Heartland Dealer?
Thanks Bob //heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon9.gif

jimtoo

Hi mvtriton,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge and help if needed.

Looks like you ran into one of the hardheads. But as long as your getting your unit repaired, that's what counts. There are some dealers that do that, don't know why, they are loosing money by not working on a unit. Heartland must pay their bills or they would not be selling units and have as large of dealer network as there is. I do understand, like you have found out, that Heartland does authorize other repair places to do warranty work for them. But stay in contact with your repair shop and also Heartland.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

hart1369

i just had warrenty work done from a none selling dealer ron potts rv of johnsontown ohio they treated me right , i new before calling them that they had the upperhand because they weren't the selling dealer . the way i understand its that its hard to get reimbursed for labor if it runs over factory estimate, but the dealers should be more receptive for any work in this economy

lhetsler

I bought my unit in Florida and moved back to Ohio. I called Avalon RV in Medina Ohio and they sheduled about three week out because he said they had to work their customers first. But after the first time, they treated me like a normal customer and I later found they had put one of their decals on my rig. I was a nice looking decal and I didn't mind because they do good work. Had new axles and brakes, no problems. I guess I am now official to them. I had a good laugh when I first discovered the decal. I think the better dealers will do any warranty work, but you can't blame them for wanting to please their purchasers first. I know if in the market, Avalon will get the first opportunity to sell me a new unit.