Majic Jack

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I know we see many things on Television that don't work out to be true. I recently bought the Magic Jack system and it does work. All you do is take a wireless telephone base hook the phone cord end to the Magic Jack and the other end of the Magic Jack goes into the computer USB port. Follow the instructions and you have telephone service. The cost of the phone service is $19.95 per year which gives you free unlimited local and long distance service. You get to pick your telephone number from a list. You can pick a Michigan telephone number even though you live in Atlanta. I have tried it both at home and one the road via my broadband card and laptop and it works great in both locations.

BTW - I don't get a commission nor do I work for Magic Jack. But if you need phone service on the road or at home and don't want to use your cell minutes this can be a great alternative.

Cimriver

I haven't had quite the same experience as you with Magic-Jack. It seems like it constantly just quits working. Of course you have to have your computer up and running. All in all I have been dissapointed with how well it works.

On the other hand if one is looking for quick dialtone while on the road it might be good for that.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My sister has it in her home. She thought it was great until her PC took a dump and she had to get a new one in order to have a phone.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
That is true. All computer based phones will not work without a computer and internet connection. So if that is what you what to use be sure that you will have that.

DW_Gray

I use magicJack too. I found that internet connection quality affects magicJack quite a bit. When I need to send a fax with my all-in-one printer, it works best if I connect it directly to magicJack with no phone hooked up to the printer.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I use Skype for VOIP when needed. I set it up last year when we were in Colorado with no phone service but paid for wifi. It worked well and gave me options of how to pay for it. I still use it occasionally just to keep it going.

landp

I LOVE my magic jack. Does that mean it works all the time? nope. Does that mean is as good as a land line? nope. Does that mean is as good as my cell? nope. But what is does is I get a local number, I get VMX, I can call and save minutes off my cell contract. But the best part is it only cost $40 for the first year and $20 per year after. A little less than $2 a year for a backup phone and always avail VMX. so far it has worked almost perfect with the wifi in the park here in Dallas. I can even put it in my pocket and carry it with me to other computers and no I dont own stock or work for the company