slideout seal is detaching

Brad

The top 6 or 8 inches of the slideout rear-side seal has detached from the interior of my North Trail 21FBS. Is there an adhesive I can buy to reattach this myself? I'd like to avoid the 55-mile round trip to my dealer just for them to slap some glue on it.

M

Mcreech

Are you talking about the small D-seal that is attached to the side of the box on the outside or the sweep attached to the mechanism on the inside of the coach?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
There is a spray on automotive glue in a spray can you can get at any auto parts store or even Wal-Mart (automotive dept.). Can't remember the name of it but it works great.

branson4020

Icantre Member
Mcreech asked the relevant question here, because if its the compressable D-seal, no adhesive is necessary. It just snaps onto the plastic track behind the seal.

Brad

Hi Mcreech,

I think the sweep would be what we're talking about. It's the wide black rubber seal that flips out when it's going out and flips in when going in. It's attached on the inside.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
With the 3M 77 adhesive you had better have it where you want the 1st time. There are no "DO OVERS". Bob

DW_Gray

Brad, I had the same problem. Check out my thread that may be the answer for you.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/14137-Water-leak-from-slideout?p=109799&highlight=#post109799

Brad

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. DW_Gray, did you end up going with the Gorilla Snot?

I'm a bit leery of using a spray adhesive due to the required precision. I'd prefer a gel or liquid, like the Gorilla Snot. Here's some pics of what I'm talking about:

seal_2..jpgseal_1..jpg

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Brad, the 3M trim adhesive (gorilla snot) is yellow. It sticks very well...but it can make a mess if your not careful with it. After it sets up you can clean it up by scraping of the excess. The 3M trim adhesive (black) will do the same job, except it takes longer to dry. If I were doing it, I would use the black, only because it wont show as much. Your choice, either one will work. Bob