Ready To Order

DJC523

Getting ready to order a 2011 NT 31QBS from rvwholesalers in OH. 2003 Chevy Avalanche Z71 with 4.10 axle. Anything I should know? 2011's have gone back to the microwave, correct? Any options particularly helpful? Were looking at the 28BHS but saw the 31QBS and it had grandkids written all over it. It is much longer than our current 22Ft Sunline however. Has anybody made that kind of a length jump and had any issues?

Thank you!

jimtoo

Hi DJC523,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge and help if needed.

I'm sure you will get lots of answers and opinions soon. And if the unit your looking at has grandkids written all over it,,,,, it must be the right one for you.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

BIG_ZD

I love ours. We bought our last August for Avalon RV in Mentor. We were towing it with my wifes 2005 1500 Silverado with a 3.75. It did ok towing around hear but any good hill it really bogged it down. I would ask the dealer to do a test tow with your truck to see if you feel comfortable with it. I went out and bought a 2005 2500 deisel and just got back from Bristol TN. It did a great job of towing in the mountains.

DJC523

I'm guessing you won't have any tow issues with the 2500 diesel! I'm planning to stick the with gas 1500 but hoping the 4.10s will make the difference. Thanks for the feed back!

irvin56

I have one also. same thing, seen it, grandkids= bought it 2 yrs ago. great for us and you will enjoy it,

I tow with a 4.7 litre. 3:73 ext cab 2000 silverado.
I am maxed when loaded to camp. But it pulls okay. I don't carry water with me. fill and dump at CG. Otherwise I would be at gvwr max for trailer
I have not been in any mountains with unit.

DJC523

That's encouraging Irvin - Thank you. I'll just have to be extra mindful of the length the first few times out.
Doug.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We pulled a 27ft TT with a 2002 Avalanche Z71 with a 3:73 axle. Trailer weighed loaded about what your's is dry. It handled it fine until it got to a hill and then it had to work. But, better have a BIG credit card for the gasoline. Without the trailer, I averaged 18 mpg on the highway. With the trailer, it dropped to 9 - 10 mpg. The maximum trailer weight for my Avalanche was 7100 lbs. I do miss the Avalanche, though. I really liked it.

DJC523

Thanks JohnDar - My mileage is almost identical to your Avy experience. The 4:10s though take the max trailer weight to 8200 - so we'll see. The dually looks great!

DJC523

Ended up ordering from a local dealer - well, the closest local dealer I have (1 1/4 hour drive). Probably spent a little more but happy to have the dealer about an hour away instead of 4.