Prospective Oakmont Owners Need Information

jkbartgis

Hello Forum members, my wife and I are new to this site and would like information on becoming "full timers". We really like the Oakmont floor plan from Landmark!!! Currently we have our home for sale and also own a 33' Tag '08 trailer which we will use until the "dust settles"..haha

I have so many questions don't even know where to began but guess the first one is does anyone out there have a 2010 Oakmont that you would share information..pros/cons.
Thanks

jimtoo

Hi jkbartgis,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to help if needed.

I did move your post to the Landmark area and started your own thread. I think you will get more information here.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

2010augusta

Hello jkbartgis,

While we do not have a Oakmont, we do full-time in a Landmark Augusta.

For the price point the Landmarks have an unmatched quality and features.

My thoughts on the Oakmont are:
The bedroom area is awesome. the front closet and a slide-out wall unit will give a great amount of clothing storage.
The bathroom is a mirror of the Augusta and has enough room to function, but can be tight if two people are trying to get ready at the same time in the morning.
The kitchen (which is why we bought the Augusta), seems to lack enough storage for us.
The second entry door takes up wall space that could have been used for more storage, and the small slide-out with the table seems like it could be claustrophobic.
The separation of the kitchen and living room would make both rooms feels smaller than they are, I like open floor-plans, and enjoy cooking in the kitchen while my wife is watch TV and we can still easily talk to each other.
As for the Specs on the Oakmont it is the heaviest of the Landmarks and has a GVWR of over 17,000#, but has the lightest pin-weight.
As you probably know, Full-timing requires taking a lot of "stuff" to be brought along and this all adds weight.
Our Augusta now weighs in at about 16,500# and has a pin-weight of 3,400#.
With numbers like that you'll need a F-450, a 2011 GMC 3500, or a MDT to be within the weight limits of the truck

If you have any more specific questions feel free to ask.

SmokeyBare

Welcome to the Forum Jkbartgis,

You should get several posts from the many who full time in a Heartland RV. We've been on the road for over 5 years now, 3 of those in our BigHorn.

If you have specific questions your bound to get replies to them. If you do a search on one of the Search Engines you will find Web Sites that are quite helpful for the type of questions you have.

Here's one site I visit from time to time. http://www.rv-dreams.com/ The site has a forum as well as information on full timing. It also has a Chat room attached that seems to be active in the evening. No membership required to chat or to read the forum, but to post, as most they require signing up for a no cost membership. The sign-up helps eliminate any Spammers from causing problems for the members.

Good Luck on your quest for information. Private message me if you have questions.

jkbartgis

Hey Alan, thank you for the information...We are still looking around for the best suited coach for our full timing??? I have in mind to purchase a 2010 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually w/8foot bed. Will this not pull the Oakmount or any model that Heartland sells? We will be traveling around our lower 48 states and then spend 3 months in Fla. during the winter. All this depends on selling our home which has been on market since Dec. so far no lookers!!!! Sorry if I'm not responding to all replies this is my first time using this forum.

Thank's again/Kent and Lou