Pin box height

Northern Virginia
I have thought about adjusting my pin box. The bed rails on my GMC are high. I have my Reese 20K hitch at the highest setting to clear the top of the rails. When I back my 5ht wheel into the gravel spot next to our house, I get about an an inch from the bed to the underside of the coach. Because I have the hitch set high and my truck's bed is high, our Landmark rides higher in the front (we're not level).

Can I gain anything from changing the position of the pin box?

Thanks- John

lwmcguir

No, you will need to lower your truck or add heavier springs to the Landmark to keep your rail clearance. Adding heavier springs and Trail Air Center point is a good way to gain an inch and help level you Landmark a bit. Ours rides level and we have alway made the necessary adjustment on all the campers to accomplish this.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The other alternative (expensive but worth it) is to get the Mor/Ryde IS. When they install it they will measure your truck and trailer and make the necessary adjustments to the RV so it will clear everything and ride level. Of course your rig will be higher. They raised ours 2 inches.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
John, I have read your thread. Im just having a hard figuring out why your truck sets so high. You have a NBS GM truck. The bedrails are 1 1/2" higher that the 07 classic. You also have a 2500HD, not a 3500HD. I would think that a LM on a 2500 would push the truck down quite a bit in the rear. Just how much air are you running in the air bags?? Could you post some pix of the unit hooked up and setting level?? How much clearance is there between the top of the bed and the bottom of the LM. Bob

Northern Virginia
John, I have read your thread. Im just having a hard figuring out why your truck sets so high. You have a NBS GM truck. The bedrails are 1 1/2" higher that the 07 classic. You also have a 2500HD, not a 3500HD. I would think that a LM on a 2500 would push the truck down quite a bit in the rear. Just how much air are you running in the air bags?? Could you post some pix of the unit hooked up and setting level?? How much clearance is there between the top of the bed and the bottom of the LM. Bob

Bob, that's the problem, when I am hooked up, the 5th wheel is not level. It's not real bad, but if you look at 2010 Augusta set-up, he is way more level than me. DSCN4400+(Medium)..JPG

I usually run about 50 psi in the air bags (with the 5ht wheel attached) the truck sits nice and level and the ride is good. But, the Landmark does not ride level. I probably have it set slightly higher than others but I have to or I would crush something backing in or pulling out.

We will be picking up the camper from storage in a coupe of weeks. I will snap some pictures of it in the driveway and get some opinions.

Northern Virginia
I know this thread is old but I finally remembered to take a picture. My driveway is on a slight angle which gives it the appearance of riding higher than it really does. These 2 pics are on a level surface.
IMG_0403.JPGIMG_0404.JPG