Please read ALL forums

tthelen

Former Product Owner
I own a Landmark Golden Gate, so I only read the posts in the Landmark section, not the Big Horn. Thank goodness Senior Member Cheryl doesn't. Two weeks ago I made a post about a rim problem I had because I couldn't find the issue discussed in any of the Landmark forums. That's when Cheryl went out of her way to answer my post with the link to where this issue had been discussed in the Big Horn section in May of 05. Following that post, my problem was immediately corrected at a savings of nearly $800. Also, while fixing that issue, I found the tire sidewalls had been cut by a bracket on the frame which would had lead to a catastophic failure of the tire. Very soon! Jim from Landmark is working with my Dealer to replace all the tires affected. Again, a very large savings. Had the tire exploded, it would be impossible to determine why, and I'd have had to pay the nearly $300 a tire replacment cost. I want to strongly impress upon anyone else that has their head in the sand and only sticks to the model of RV they have, to READ all the posts about Landmark! And a great big Thank you to Cheryl for her help and Jim from Landmark. What a fantastic company and owner's group! Thank you all!

K

Ken Washington

tthelen,
I can tell you that it is important to read everything on this fourm! What I do is click on New Post everyday to see what is going on in this great fourm! Jim has done a great job putting this fourm together and I learn so much from others. When I go on vacation, it takes me a while to catch up but I don't want to miss any of the post.
Ken

jpmorgan37

Ditto, Ken.

And thank goodness for WIFI when travelling. We found a nice little park in Pipestone, MN. Super nice people and an interesting town of about 5000 people. Kevin and Rhonda are the owners and really nice people

John

Cheryl

I'm glad I could help! I check out everything on here on the forum. I scan the thread titles and if it is something I use or understand or something my hubby would know about, I read it all. I don't always read about telecommunication stuff or back-up cameras because we don't use that. And lately, I haven't been reading the rally stuff because unfortunately we can't attend:(. I have even printed out some of the threads to take on vacation with us - the remote control for the air conditioner instructions for one!
This is a great forum, Jim is doing a fantastic job running it. And most of the members understand its true purpose - to get/give helpful information.

BigBlue

BigBlue
One thing you can do is use the "New Posts" selection in the bar accross the top. The forum remembers when you were last on and will search for all posts since that time. This includes threads that have been running for some time. I use it regularly and scan the titles to see it there's something I'm interested in.

HappyKayakers

Thanks for the tip about 'New Posts'. Not sure how I missed that in the past but I've always just scrolled through looking for recent/interesting posts.

Cheryl. I'm intrigued by your photo. How did you arrange for the truck to have the same graphics as your coach? Is that a Landmark thing or would your source do it for Bighorners as well? I'm asking because I have a white Ford F-350 and would really like to get the same graphics for it as on the Bighorn 3670RL I'm looking to buy. Thanks for any info you can share. Guy

Cheryl

We ordered the graphics for the truck from the same company that put them on the Landmarks. Here is the contact info:
Graphix Unlimited - located in Indiana
1-574-546-3770
I don't know if they do the Bighorn or not.

jbeletti

Guy,

Make sure to take a picture of your graphics and get it to the decal manufacturer as graphics have changed on most models over time.

Saw a Double Tree Mobile Suites this weekend at our home CG that had matching decals on their white truck. Looked nicer than a plain white truck.

Jim

K

Ken Washington

I like your Goldwing! I had a 1995 Teal Green SE and sold it in 1997. That was one big mistake and wish I had it back! That's one time I didn't listen to my wife. GWRRA is a great group and I enjoyed it very much.

I took a look at your web site and enjoyed seeing your family and adventures! Great job!

Ken

Thanks Don & Sheri (Goldenwingers) for the tip and welcome to the Heartland Forum. I've peeked into a number of fourms in my quest to purchase the best 5W I can find and this is without doubt the best of the lot. I'm a newbie to this forum and can see from your profile that you are as well (since yesterday) so welcome aboard!!!
I am, however, curious what you meant when you stated the sign shop "lifted" the decal from your Patriot coach. Was that literally? Why did they have to do that? Anyway, from one serious Bighorn shopper to another, good luck in your search and thanks for your reply. It gives me yet another avenue to consider.
Guy

jbeletti

Hi Goldwingers and welcome to the forum. I looked over your entire website. Nice! Seems like I know you already. Wondering if you're considering a Heartland Cyclone? In any event, enjoy your stay with us here on the forum.

Jim

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Jim, we are at present looking seriously at the Big Horn but are still investigating all the possibilities. Thanks to all for the warm welcome. Sheri does a wonderful job on the website, she is my resident computer guru, A great wife and traveling companion.

Don

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Guy, they took a digital photo of our 5vr, then using a computer program, extracted the graphics from the photo that would work for the truck, downsized them, and slightly rearranged them, so that they would look good on the truck. They then sent them to a digital plotter, much like a printer, except that it takes a sheet of vinyl and cuts it so that the final graphics can be lifted off of the backing and applied to the truck. The cost was $425.00, but we have been very happy with the outcome. We have had comments about the truck even when not towing. Also we have had no problems what-so-ever with the vinyl peeling or anything.