Bed Plug...

Bighurt

Doing my own hitch install and all is well and good till I read the Pollack wiring harness instructions. They say the plug needs 5" of backspacing.

Haven't measured my bed sides yet but 5" between the inside and outside seams to be a a stretch.

Anybody have pics of where they installed the plug in their Super duty, preferably 2008-2010in in the stock SRW bed?

There is a flat spot at the on the wall where the wheel well and bed meet, I imagine that is the ideal location but there may not be 5" of space. I plan to install mine on the drivers side. Anybody know how long the pigtail from heartland is? I have a 3300RLB due in next week.

Believe it or not the B&W turnover ball seams easier to install than this wiring harness...

Cheers
Jeremy

RollingHome

Jeremy , I put my plug all the way back at the tailgate on the drivers side wall. There exist a flat area there that has plenty of room for your plug, including the 5" behind it :). All I do is grab the pig tail, plug it in and close the tail gate. No climbing, step stools or gymnastics. Here's a pic. Tom

Attachments

• #6 - 26.5 TO PULL-R&.JPG
    #6 - 26.5 TO PULL-R&.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 49

Bighurt

That's perfect thanks!

Just de-boxed the B&W, this is going to be an easy install. If it wasn't 10°F outside I'd start tonight...LOL

PSF513

You will love the B&W. We do! And, setting your plug in the drivers side wall of the bed works so well. Now, if I only had longer arms to reach the emergency brake cable and pin.

Bighurt

You will love the B&W. We do! And, setting your plug in the drivers side wall of the bed works so well. Now, if I only had longer arms to reach the emergency brake cable and pin.

Thankfully I'm tall and still limber...

The B&W screamed I'm your hitch when I saw the data page. As a contractor and truck hobbyist, I truly needed a goose-neck, as a soon to be RV'er I needed a 5th wheel. With the stock bumper hitch and the B&W set-up I can tow everything from a light-all to a lunette and pintle bobcat trailer. I can also haul my new Sundance or a 30' cargo goose-neck with beaver tail. One truck limited only by 15200.