What Happened to Spring in the Mid-West?

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
This past weekend I was "de-winterizing" my trailer getting ready for a camping trip in a couple of weeks. It was mid-70's sunshinning and beautiful.:cool:

Today I step off the airplane at Chicago O'Hare airport, it's 36 and blowing so hard it almost knocks you over. Man is it cold back here in the Mid-West. I want my spring back. It's too cold here in Chicago!!!!

Keith

Cimriver

Monday in Denver 70 degrees. Tuesday 12 inches of snow. Today 45 degrees. Tomorrow 6-12 inches of snow. Go Figure!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I don't know if I can stand it... It was 70* today, bright sun. Getting a bit of a sun burn. Light wind. Night is down to 59* tonight.

Guess I am going to have to start north in a couple of weeks. WAIT.. I am on the Gulf with all the cool sea breeze, setting in a chair, drinking a beer and my feet in the water watching the bikini's (oops I didn't say that) walk down the beach. I don't know if I can stand it.

Deep breath, exhale slowly.

BC

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Going down to 22 here tonight I hear. Brr. How long you in for? Lunch Friday?

Jim

Just in for the weekend Jim. I'm at a Motorcycle Safety Conference at the O'Hare Doubletree in Rosemont. Thanks for th lunch invite Jim, but I don't know how much time I'm goint to have today and tomorrow. From what I've seen of the agenda it's pretty packed. Sunday I'm going to go to Kenosha and spend the day with my brother and sister-in-law.

I just wish you would have had Spring up here. Then you folks like TXBobcat who have to rub it in. Thanks Bob:rolleyes:

jbeletti

We had Spring last week (M-W), then returned to late Winter on Thu. I was in Minneapolis last Thu-Sun and man - cold. Should hit 45 here today for you and Kenosha will see mid-40s this weekend as well. Have a great conference and get hold of me in advance of your trip next time :) See you in a few weeks out east.

Jim

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Wednesday we got home from our trip to Texas. I thought that something was wrong with my GPS, cause as we were heading north, it kept saying "make a u-turn whenever possible".
I should have listened. It was 27* here this morning. Brr. I could have been sitting on the beach with Bobcat, drinking a beer.

Peace
Dave

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
This past weekend I was "de-winterizing" my trailer getting ready for a camping trip in a couple of weeks. It was mid-70's sunshinning and beautiful.:cool:

Today I step off the airplane at Chicago O'Hare airport, it's 36 and blowing so hard it almost knocks you over. Man is it cold back here in the Mid-West. I want my spring back. It's too cold here in Chicago!!!!

Keith

Don't feel too bad Keith - it's the same here today!

Wednesday we got home from our trip to Texas. I thought that something was wrong with my GPS, cause as we were heading north, it kept saying "make a u-turn whenever possible".
I should have listened. It was 27* here this morning. Brr. I could have been sitting on the beach with Bobcat, drinking a beer.

Peace
Dave

Bad call Dave. I would have followed the advice of my GPS!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Sorry guys, except for Bobcat and I, its been 70-80's here all week. I need to go where Bobcat is. Bikinis and beer...works for me. But not so much for the DW.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Allright, this is getting serious now. Here it is April 8th and I woke up to find an inch of snow on the ground and it's still snowing. Grr, come on July!

Peace
Dave

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
Allright, this is getting serious now. Here it is April 8th and I woke up to find an inch of snow on the ground and it's still snowing. Grr, come on July!
SNOW WHAT SNOW! it is sunny and in the 6o's here this morning here in Corpus Christi, by the way Dave that sounds good a cold beer sitting on the beach see you soon! Rick

rvn4fun

We to are getting reeducated to the north country, left San Antonio 80s, stopped overnight in Oklahoma 91 degrees , major thunderstorm, first hail on our new rv, hopefully no damage, that I can see. Next day Junction City Kansas, gale force winds and 39 degrees. This morning 33 degrees. Nebraska and then home to SD for a few weeks. Can hardly wait to see the rest of April weather.