Awning

sjmeyer

Where can I see a picture of the awning that is available as an option? Do you have them? One dealer told me that Heartland didn't even have the awnings yet and that they were coming on a slow boat from China.
--Steve

jimtoo

Hi sjmeyer,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners forum. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge and help if needed.

I do not know about the awning, but I'm sure someone will jump in here and give you an answer soon.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

grizzlygiant

Where can I see a picture of the awning that is available as an option? Do you have them? One dealer told me that Heartland didn't even have the awnings yet and that they were coming on a slow boat from China.
--Steve

If I were to do it again, I would get the awning from a dealer...probably a better price and ultimately it will be the dealer who will have to service it.

DW_Gray

Here are some pictures of my awning I took this morning.

Side note, any dealer that would lie to you on such a matter as what he/she said, I'd stay away from. IMHO

IMG_8728..jpgIMG_8729..jpgIMG_8731..jpg

jimtoo

Hi Steve,

Yes, they do watch when they have time, but it is a busy time of the year for the factory with shows and things like that and it is a weekend also.

I am sure as soon as someone that monitors the forum is back in the office they will respond to your question. I know some of the folks from the plant even monitor and respond from home in the evenings.
Personnel from the factory monitoring a forum is an almost unheard of event for owners that have questions and need help in the RV world. We feel very fortunate to have the cooperation of the factory here on the Owners Forum.

Meanwhile, look around the forum and enjoy.

Jim M

M

Mcreech

The awning is a tent style awning and its true we do not have them yet from our vendor.....They are supposed to be here in another 3 weeks....You can always order one after the purchase.

Thanks
Mike C

sjmeyer

Thanks Mike. I've put money down on a new 183 MPG and I'm looking forward to getting an awning when they come in. Do you have any more info/images on them?
Regards,
Steve

M

Mcreech

I don't have anymore at this point.....Please ask me again in about 3 weeks....I should have something by then

Thanks

mcota

I spoke with our dealer Friday (May 1). He is expecting it in the beginning of this week. We hope to pick it up Saturday.

sjmeyer

I got one from the dealer I purchased the HPG from. It's just a 11' Dometic Cabana... made for a popup. I thought it would be a custom item to fit the MPG, but this'll work good enough.
--Steve

jminard

I am also looking for an update on the factory awning. Even if not available yet, are there pictures or specs on what it is?!?

Thanks!
-- Jayson

fruopoli

That looks a little hard to take down and put up. Is there anything a little more simple. Also, something that does not have to be stuck into to dirt. We often tailgate and there is no dirt all concrete. It would be nice if support would attach to the side instead of the ground. Please let us know soon, we are waiting.

sjmeyer

I don't have a picture of it setup on the MPG, but it looks just like the setup on the pop-up. I had to position it pretty far back in the track to clear the camper door. It's not the most elegant fit. It can stand-up without being anchored on the ground. It has 3 support bars that mount between the dome tent pole and the camper, making it somewhat freestanding without anchoring down to the ground.
--Steve