Glacier Nat Park RV campgrounds

aclwbaker

Does anyone know of a good campground close to Glacier Nat Park. Will any of the campgounds inside the park take a 5th wheel over 30 feet? Not having a lot of luck with their website getting RV info. Hope to make our first trip to the park this summer.

Bighurt

Does anyone know of a good campground close to Glacier Nat Park. Will any of the campgounds inside the park take a 5th wheel over 30 feet? Not having a lot of luck with their website getting RV info. Hope to make our first trip to the park this summer.

http://home.nps.gov/applications/glac/cgstatus/cgstatus.cfm

This will give you a status and each has details regarding RV size, example Agpar has 25 sites that can accomidate 40' RV's (truck trailer combination)

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We took a great trip to Glacier National Park last year. I would suggest that you go to West Glacier National Park and stay at West Glacier KOA. I am not a fan of KOA but this is a nice park and in a good location to see the park area. If you would go to my Photobucket you can see some pictures of our trip to Glacier.

I also would suggest that you stay at these campgounds on the way:
Indian Campground Buffalo Wyo
7th Ranch RV Campground Garryowen MT near Custer Battlefield.
Bear Canyon Campground - Bozeman MT - (Didn't really like this one you might check out something else)
Jim & Marys RV Missoula MT
West Glacier KOA at West Glacier

At West Glacier you need to drive the Road to the Sun and go to Bowman Lake.

Email me if you would like more information about our trip to Glacier NP

Here are some pictures of the park and Bowman Lake.

BC
DSC_3343M..jpg DSC_3379M..jpg
Bowman Lake & West Glacier KOA

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
We also are planning a summer 2010 trip to Glacier National Park, in Montana and also come back thru Wyoming and enjoy Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. A camper told me to check out the RV campgrounds in Kalispall.

fdechaine

We stayed at Mountain Meadows RV Park in Hungry Horse which is just a few miles from the Park. We really enjoyed it and the facility could easily support big rigs. I saw a few big horn's while I was there. If I ever make it back there again, this will be my RV park of choice. We looked at the West Glacier KOA site and since we don't have kids, we liked the peace and quiet of the MM.

Larryheadhunter

Thanks fdechaine, I just sent an email to Mountain Meadows to see if we can stay there in middle July, on our 2 month trek up to Oregon for the rally, the Gig Harbor, WA , Glacier, West Yellowstone, and then just outside of Jackson, cross Idaho and back for some more Oregon, before heading home to Southern California.
I was looking at some campgrounds in Kalispell, Apgar, Whitefish, Hungry Horse, and Mountain Meadows looks really nice. Thanks for the tip. Now hoping they have room.

Anyone who has excellent campground suggestions let us know. We are dropping down to Grizzly RV Park in West Yellowstone, and found a campground in Victor, Idaho, close to Jackson Hole, WY, called Teton Valley RV Resort, and will be going thru Boise, Idaho, on Interstate 84, and into Oregon.

buckeyebob

we stayed at grizzly rv park and thought it was a-1 !!we had 5 day res and left after 3 ,they refunded our money and were as pleasant as could be.we ate at petes pizza in w yellowstone,and it was excellant !!be sure to see the grizzly,wolf museum you can hear the wolves howl from campsite,the crappy koa in cody costs the same as this clean cg.

Two Hands

The RV campground at Fishing Bridge in Yellowstone National Park is excellent. Full hookups, centrally located, and very reasonably priced. We stayed at a campground in Grand Tetons National Park which also had electrical hookup, possibly water too, but no sewer.

Larryheadhunter

Thanks to all for listing the better campgrounds near Glacier Natl Park. We are scheduled to be at Blackwell Island RV Park in Coeur d' Alene, ID from July 2-6, then at Mountain Meadows from July 6-11 in Hungry Horse, MT, close to Glacier, then on to Yellowstone, where we are staying at Grizzly RV Park from July 13-18. From there we are trying out a RV campground in Victor, ID, close to Jackson Hole and the Grand Tetons, named appropriately Teton Valley Campground, from July 18-22 who got great reviews from rvparks.com . If anyone knows of a good campground to stay at between Glacier National Park and the Western Entrance to Yellowstone, it would be greatly appreciated. Anyone interested in joining in on the fun, let us know as well.

DougAndJudy

Hey Larry -

We may see you at Grizzly. We'll be in West Yellowstone July 13-20th! We'll be making reservations in the next day or so.

jwb187

We are planning a western trip this late spring and early summer to Glacier and Yellowstone. We are staying at Mt. Manor RV park in Hungry Horse for a week then traveling down to West Yellowstone and spending a week at Grizzly. Have stayed at Grizzly before, and it's one of the nicest RV parks we've every stayed at, hope MT. Manor is close to the same. Leaving Missouri May 24 returning home June 10.

docburns

We stayed at West Glacier KOA. It was a nice park. I feel it was a little pricey but it is very close. Of course I find most parks close to major tourist attractions are that way. I found it interesting that the picture posted by txbobcat shows the very space we stayed in. Sure brought back some good memories.