ac receiver not responding

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
I got up this morning and tried to raise the tempertature on my ac. The temp. on the remote went up, but the receiver on the ac did not beep. I then tried to switch off the ac with the remote but the ac would not switch off. So, I got my instruction sheet for the remote. It said to push the remote overide switch on the receiver twice to cut the ac off. I did this and nothing happened. Since I was leaving for Church and did not want to leave the ac on,not knowing if I had a serious problem or not, I cut the ac off at the breaker. Anyone else had this problem,and if so is there anything I can do. I also changed the batteries in the remote. THANKS

trdeal

BigBlue

BigBlue
I've had that problem and the solution was to pull the 12 volt fuse in the fuse panel. According to Heartland, sometimes the control gets screwed up and that's the way to get it to reset.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
I went back to the camper this afternoon and checked the fuse box for a 12 volt fuse for the ac. I did not see one,so i pulled out the fuse for the kitchen. After I did this the receiver worked fine. I am really glad I found this web site. Thanks again for your help.
Terry and Renee:D