Cyclone or Road Warrior

philgrg

We’re in the market for a toy hauler. We want something that can easily haul a couple of Harleys, and comfortably have 4 people camp, but room for 6 or 8 (very occasionally). We’ve been looking at both the Cyclone and Road Warrior Lines. We’d like to have a nice functional toy hauler but it need not be too extravagant.

I’m sure others have been faced with the same decision. Any input as to what decision others made between the two lines and why? Also how happy you were after the purchase and what do you wish you’d done differently.

philgrg

We’re in the market for a toy hauler. We want something that can easily haul a couple of Harleys, and comfortably have 4 people camp, but room for 6 or 8 (very occasionally). We’ve been looking at both the Cyclone and Road Warrior Lines. We’d like to have a nice functional toy hauler but it need not be too extravagant.

I’m sure others have been faced with the same decision. Any input as to what decision others made between the two lines and why? Also how happy you were after the purchase and what do you wish you’d done differently.

robnmo

Well, the wife and I looked at both, plus about every other brand toy hauler made plus about every regular 5th wheel made in the last 4 years and what can I say, the Cyclone won hands down for us. But the key word here is "for us". I think it's a personal choice, but for quality, looks, etc I think the Cyclone wins out (again personal opinion). Alot also depends on what your plans are for it, we plan on full timing in ours, hauling both our Harley's and there is 4 of us..................it's just 2 of the "us" are Shetland sheepdogs :D. Only thing we would have done different is added dual pane windows, we did get a 2nd a/c unit installed, got full throttle graphics, omitted the generator, added the back screen, garage fridge (actually it was thrown in while haggling the price) ;) did not get the electric beds in the back (figured the times anyone is with us we'll put in a mattress box springs set on edge against the rear door fastened with 2 clevis' I attached to the framing then strapped in an X to the D rings.

TNT

We had two other toy haulers in 3 years before we could finally see the Cyclone and knew we had made a mistake and not gotten one from the beginning. The Road Warrior is nice too, but we liked the Cyclone graphics and the 3210 (now the 3010) floorplan best. You'll be happy with either, good luck with your decision.

Jellystone

Truth be told, you can't go wrong with either unit. Both are great toyhaulers. We chose the Road Warrior over the Cyclone because of the exterior graphics and interior colors (more natural colors & not "look at me" flash). It boils down to a personal choice for each individual preference. Choose either one and y'all will be happy with it.

Mike Aplin

Thank you for taking a look at the all new Road Warrior and Cyclone products. If you have any questions that we can try and help you with, please contact Heartland at 547-266-8726 and ask for a sales representative from the state you reside in and we will try and help you with any questions that you might have. Take care, Mike

porthole

Retired
Physically the two are almost the same. Most of the differences have to do with the amount of standard items and the type of trim.

Before buying our Cyclone I went to Indiana and toured the plants of the four big Toy Haulers, Sunnybrook, KZ, Heartland, Keystone.

Bang for buck for me as well as overall build quality and construction type was the Cyclone. And we haven't been disappointed yet.

The cost of going to Indiana (airfare, rental hotel) I just factored into buying an RV, and I feel it was money well spent.

dynaguy

We choose the Cyclone and have not regretted one thing, the best toy hauler built!! If you want a good dealer to do business we would recommend www.lakeshore-rv.com, we bought ours there and they are great to deal with!