31QBS Kitchen Storage

DJC523

This was the one thing it seemed we would have to put up with less of to get the otherwise great 31QBS floorplan. Anybody have any clever solutions to making up for the missing pantry or drawer/cupboard space in the 31QBS kitchen?

Thanks,
Doug

irvin56

Gail uses the area above stove for spices and other stuff for cooking, some sauce, ketchup. That kind of stuff.
NOW I believe they have the microwave up there now. we have the 1/2 time oven and no gas oven.
Above the couch we have the dishs, above the dinnette we have the big bowls and other non food items.

We use the bunk house floor mounted upright cupboard for groceries and some owners have stacked another cupboard on top for more.
we use bins for towels and cutlery and other items.

our grandkids have duffle bags that we lay on top of beds, if needed at night we put them on the couch

http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/572781145jUsGSk?start=0

we've had our 2 yrs now and found things and places we use for storage

Also In pics you will see the set up for blocking and I also have a screw jack in front of front tires.
This helps take some bounce out of suspension. As they is some flex in the 30 foot trailers

charlie51

Finding storage in the kitchen is a bit tricky. We use the area over the dinette where the tv goes to store some stuff. We put a lot of our stuff like bread, chips, etc. up there because we don't ever watch tv in there. If we do have a rainy day and want to watch tv I just sit it on the table while we watch it and plug it in to the main plug under the cabinet beneath the radio. Also you could probably use the area under the seat to the bunkhouse dinette. The one has the electricals, but the other one doesn't have anything under it. I don't like to leave stuff sitting around so that it looks cluttered. It is hard for us to use the cabinet in the bunkhouse for anything but the kids clothes and belongings. Any good ideas would be appreciated.

Nell

. I don't like to leave stuff sitting around so that it looks cluttered. It is hard for us to use the cabinet in the bunkhouse for anything but the kids clothes and belongings. Any good ideas would be appreciated.

I too don't like having stuff left all over the trailer - can't help it - just the way I am.:eek:

We needed more storage too and I felt the wall above the cupboard in the bunkhouse was wasted space.
In another post (that I can't find at the moment) I showed pictures of how we had removed the existing bunkhouse cupboard, installed a three drawer chest and remounted the cupboard on top. So now it looks like an armoir and we have three large drawers for the teens (3) clothing and I am claiming the cupboard above for kitchen storage...an idea to consider.