GPS might NOT be for everyone....

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ah Yes! Another reason to add to the list of why I never started watching that show. No offense intended Randy...:D

jbeletti

Too funny Randy and so true. More than once I have had a GPS route me down residential streets I wished that it hadn't. Many a time I second guess the machine and many times, I am right :) But not always - doh!

CPE

I have seen several GPS units for trucks;supposedly they route yu on known big truck routes. Several companies list them;their stock or part numbers start with "T"'

Bobby A

Thanks for the laugh !! so true though, my Garmin has never failed me when I'm lost, it WILL get you to where your going EVENTUALLY and maybe the round aboutway. I guess Garmin has a new one for truckers but the last feed back I read was that it still needed some software work so I didn't buy it, maybe some other manufactures have better results. I'll stick with my Garmin 855T for now.

jnbhobe

How is the truck software on the Street Pilot?
It has never taken me somewhere I could not fit. It has taken me on a dirt road but nothing I couldn't navigate. I usually don't program the GPS until I am close to where I am going

Thedonald

I know there are always issues about any new technology, but I will tell you that my Garmin has gotten me out of more trouble than into trouble. Yes it took me downtown Charleston SC with a 5th wheel and I had to do some fancy driving to get out, but when I told it to get me out it did. It turns out that if any GPS system doesn't know the exact street address in a city it will route you to the center of the city. Boy did I learn that the hard way, but now that I know that I have not had a problem. Good Luck!!!!