chair tie downs

cashb

When we ordered our 2011 Sundance 2900MK, we ordered it without the rear chairs, as we knew we would put Lazy boys in... There are no tie downs in the floor and we need them. Hubby can install these, but just wondering what is the best way to go about this and what hardware will work for the straps to attach to? Would we be wise to get this from the factory?

mikeandconnie

Hello
I'm a newbe to RV, However, I just moved may table, sofa bed and Recliners and relocated all the tie downs. They were just commons tie downs and screwed through the floor. I did check under the floor to make sure I didn't hit anything with the screws or enter fear with the slides. I do think you can get just as good and more decorative tie downs at the local hardware store.
Mike

Rrloren

I just put 2 Lazy boys in also. I haven't been using the tiedowns on the floor , but rather strap the chairs together at the top which also ties in a small table and floor lamp we put in. This worked OK with the Factory swivel/rockers but with the Lazy Boys I'm finding an interferance problem so what I've done is put the recliner on the kitchen side with it's back to the center and the other one with it's back to the side of the trailer. This allows me to strap the kitchen side chair to the lamp and has the offside chair pressed against the small table. It seems to be OK insofar as working the slides but I watch for interferance carefully.
Now to be honest I tried this a few times in the yard but have not tried it on the road. Might re-look at tieing down the offside chair to the floor hooks. Have to go look again.
There is no spare room for the slides to run when the Lazy Boys are in place and I bought the narrowest ones I could find at 32".

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
We removed our chairs from our 2900 MK and upgrade them as while .Our new chairs are 33" Lane's they're to big to fit in the rear of the rv when slides are in . I found a new spot between the two slides . They're a perfect fit !!

cashb

We removed our chairs from our 2900 MK and upgrade them as while .Our new chairs are 33" Lane's they're to big to fit in the rear of the rv when slides are in . I found a new spot between the two slides . They're a perfect fit !!

Our lazyboys are 31 1/2 wide and they do fit but I'm interested in where exactly you found to put your two recliners? Can you describe this or pictures would be great!

cashb

I just put 2 Lazy boys in also. I haven't been using the tiedowns on the floor , but rather strap the chairs together at the top which also ties in a small table and floor lamp we put in. This worked OK with the Factory swivel/rockers but with the Lazy Boys I'm finding an interferance problem so what I've done is put the recliner on the kitchen side with it's back to the center and the other one with it's back to the side of the trailer. This allows me to strap the kitchen side chair to the lamp and has the offside chair pressed against the small table. It seems to be OK insofar as working the slides but I watch for interferance carefully.
Now to be honest I tried this a few times in the yard but have not tried it on the road. Might re-look at tieing down the offside chair to the floor hooks. Have to go look again.
There is no spare room for the slides to run when the Lazy Boys are in place and I bought the narrowest ones I could find at 32".

I didn't have problems with the slides interfering, but the chairs bounced and knocked the window valance loose :eek: So I guess things move the most back there and the tie downs may be necessary for us. I do tilt the chairs a tiny bit toward the front and the slides don't touch them!

jbeletti

I'd either order a set from your dealer or through Heartland Customer Service directly. If you are a club member, have your club number if ordering direct to get your discount.

Make sure to measure what the ideal total length of the strap material as you'll want to get the right part the first time. I've seen these in different lengths. Good luck.

Jim

Wharton

Though I haven't seen the tie downs yet(still waiting for rig) if you go to a fabric store+Ace you can probably make your own easily and then they could be adjustable. Fabric stores have a wealth of "stuff" that can be(and is) used for applications other than sewing.

Tom of Ypsi

Our coach never came with tie downs for anything. Our chairs, kitchen table and chairs and sofa do not move or if any movement it is so little there is nothing to be concerned about. That being said my next trip I will probably have Murphy's Law against me.

sharmulst

We removed the tie downs for the recliners and chairs. Also unbolted the table from the floor and turned it, this added more room. Also replaced the recliners with lazy boys. When getting ready to move we position the chairs back to back. This said we have had very minimal movement in the coach.

Jim-n-Leslie

I never use the tie-downs. I found the straps tend to etch into the fabric of the chairs (dining table area) and the recliners. Everything sits fairly snug, and I do not drive like a nut, so generally nothing moves. That said, you never know about the others on the road, so if you are concerned about chairs taking off, it is a consideration. I opted to skip the tie downs and have had no issues.
Jim